Newbie setup

Hello all,

I have acquired some home audio equipment that I do not know much about. Here are the items I have that I need help setting up. 
Audio Research LS2 MKII pre amp
HCA-2200 Parasound Amp. I have an assortment of nice cables as well. I am wondering how to set the system up to two speakers with the source being an Apple TV streaming device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you
Brandon
haligan343
glennewdick1,145 posts08-20-2021 8:06amI use an Apple 4k tv box for most of my steaming (video and audio), even Tidal (only cd quality) isn't bad at all.

I use the USB connection on the apple 4k tv box to an outboard DAC. that into the preamp line inputs. Alternatively i suppose you could use a DAC that takes HDMI as well.

The Apple tv box isn't great sounding on its own. That's why i use an outboard DAC.

I use Schiit audio DAC, they have many to chose from, its good place to start looking if your new to this.

You ended up with some nice gear by the way.

Glen,

For some reason apple did not put an optical or usb on the back of my 4K apple tv. Would it be possible to do an HDMI to an rca? I want to get the Schiit multi DAC but dont know how I would hook the apple tv to it. 

Thanks
Post removed 
Damn thats some coin! But thank you for the info on these. I was thinking more along the price point of the Schiit modi and multi. 
Post removed 
Post removed