Kinki studio EX-M1, EX-M1+ differences... vs Denafrips Hestia/ Hyperion combo?

I've been reading up on some Integrated Amps and Pre-Amp/Amp combos lately but have some questions.

The following is an excerpt from SoundStageHifi:
The original EX-M1 was introduced in 2017. The newly updated EX-M1 — without the “+” — costs $2398 and includes, among other things, changes in the power supply, capacitance, and the volume control, the latter now using a MUSES72320 controller instead of the previous relay-based control. The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1, but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage.

That last sentence has me a little confused. 
"The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1" - What is the "upgraded" EX-M1?  Does this mean that the latest version of the EX-M1 has all the updates that they just covered preceding this statement?

The 2nd half of the statement says " but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage." - You'll have to excuse my ignorance.  Does this mean that I can add a pre-amp in the future and use the EX-M1+ as a Power Amp?  Also, does this mean that I cannot add a pre-amp to the EX-M1 (non-plus)?

At this time, I don't have hard to drive speakers, and I don't foresee having something like that anytime soon, so I was also considering the Denafrips Hestia/Hyperion combo.  I haven't seen any reviews comparing these 2 company's offerings... any feedback is appreciated.

jwlaudio
jwlaudio, you're on the right track with Decware amp. I used the Hyperion with my modded Klipschorns, not a good match. I'd stay with tube amp for Klipsch. And you don't need that much power anyway, if you want ss amp try the Musical Fidelity M2si, now that is a sweet sounding ss amp for Klipsch, won't break the bank.
@regismc and @sns 

Thanks for the feedback.  These Kilpsch are currently my speakers but I will probably venture out into other makes and models in the future.  As you mentioned, the Decware will probably drive these pretty well.  I've watched reviews about some of the models you mentioned and I was considering them as well.  I don't mind spending a little more now if I can future proof, if that is even possible.  With all the "synergy" talk with components, I know it will be difficult.  I guess part of the fun is upgrading and trying new things.  At one point, I thought about building those Pass Labs Amp Camp Amps to get a taste of that sound before I spend too much.

@mboldda1 I've never heard of those Norma amps before.  I'm going to have to check those out as well.
@mboldda1  - Thank you.  It was nice to read about something else besides what all the reviewers are taking turns reviewing.

I've decided to go another direction due to a sale that brought an item down into my price range.  I wish I would have seen the sale sooner, but oh well, I learned a lot during that time.

Thanks everyone!

jwlaudio