Kinki studio EX-M1, EX-M1+ differences... vs Denafrips Hestia/ Hyperion combo?

I've been reading up on some Integrated Amps and Pre-Amp/Amp combos lately but have some questions.

The following is an excerpt from SoundStageHifi:
The original EX-M1 was introduced in 2017. The newly updated EX-M1 — without the “+” — costs $2398 and includes, among other things, changes in the power supply, capacitance, and the volume control, the latter now using a MUSES72320 controller instead of the previous relay-based control. The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1, but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage.

That last sentence has me a little confused. 
"The EX-M1+ is essentially identical to the upgraded EX-M1" - What is the "upgraded" EX-M1?  Does this mean that the latest version of the EX-M1 has all the updates that they just covered preceding this statement?

The 2nd half of the statement says " but adds a preamp-stage output and a home-theater bypass to entirely bypass the preamp stage." - You'll have to excuse my ignorance.  Does this mean that I can add a pre-amp in the future and use the EX-M1+ as a Power Amp?  Also, does this mean that I cannot add a pre-amp to the EX-M1 (non-plus)?

At this time, I don't have hard to drive speakers, and I don't foresee having something like that anytime soon, so I was also considering the Denafrips Hestia/Hyperion combo.  I haven't seen any reviews comparing these 2 company's offerings... any feedback is appreciated.

jwlaudio
jackd 

I bet they do!  You’ve got an audiophiles dream going on.  Tough problem, the BHK on tone, finesse, the M7 on pure grunt?  I bet both sound great.  Thnx 4 sharing, b well…
Jackd,

Thank you for your impressions with the kinki and bhk!  I have the opportunity to buy a BHK 250 for about 5k.  I was actually comparing that price with the Denafrips stack, which I'm also considering. 

I've love to hear more of your impressions comparing those 2.  I've been reading that my DirectStream DAC benefits greatly from a pre-amp, so initially I wanted to buy a power amp and live with the volume control on my DAC until I get the motivation to spend even more money on the BHK pre amp.

This is real dilemma. Is the BHK that much better? Is it better?

Regards,
jwlaudio
regismc,

I'll be mating this amp with the Klipsch RP-600M, but I see an upgrade in the near future, possibly the Heresy IVs.  I ordered a Decware tube amp, but it's still like a half a year out, if not more.  I've been hesitant on the BHK 250, not only because it ups the price so much, but also because I'll have a tube amp coming sooner or later, I was planning on adding a full solid state amp to the collection.

jwlaudio
jwlaudio 

Anything Klipsch will not need the kind of power or sophistication you r considering.   The Decware will serve u well, when it arrives.  If it were me, and I’m biased cause I own the stuff, I’d buy the entry Hestia/Hyperion and settle in.  Will take about two weeks to get to your doorstep and won’t break the bank.  Good luck…
Hell even better, pick up the Rotel Tribute integrated and settle in for a few months.  $800 bucks I think.  They sound really nice and even do Bluetooth.  I own the matching CD player and like it very much…