Anybody have a problem buying modded units.

I was looking at a modded unit here on Audiogon, and i ultimately decided not to buy it. Firstly, the seller couldn't describe what the mods were and only said that "it blew me away", and secondly, a sense that they are hard to resll. What do people think?

David
deshapiro
if you bought a 4k unit or spent 2k on a used unit and spend $1500 the modded unit will destroy any stock unit ,
as long as it's a good digital person.
I totaly agree with Myrai: in regard to his post:

All "modded" units are not the same.
It depends:
On the unit.
On the reputation of the modifier.
On the mods that were done by that modifier.
About a month ago i purchased New a H.R.A.M Stage 3+ Jolida JD 100A and it by far exceeds the performance of my Audio Aero Prima MK II CDP. this player is reclocked using a Tent Labs XO2 Master clock and the clock is powered by a Tent Labs discrete power supply, it uses Blackgates and Fairchild ultrafast soft recovery diodes in the power supply. it uses Cardas Rhodium plated ouput RCA's with DH Labs silver wiring with foamed teflon insulation and Relcap Teflon capacitors and Pearl Cryrovalves 12AX7's in the output stage. if you Know what you are getting for your money i can see no problem whatsoever with buying Modded gear.thanks....WCW III
I've had a HRAM Denon 3910 "stage 2 mod" in my system for a couple of months. The output pcb and clock were designed by Alex at APL. The rest of the mods are the work of Mike Powell... HRAM lists all the changes on their website and offers three levels of modification.
Best player I have had in my system by a good margin. I am not at all worried about resale value.