Puritan PSM156

Hello All,

I came across this product while searching Power Conditioners. Puritan PSM156.

Does anyone have one, or, does anyone know anything about it, and how it would stand up to or even better the more popular and well known brands?
Ag insider logo xs@2xloganfan
Balance conditioners have an impact on the sound and you will hear a difference but all I've to own is a stripping effect, clean yes, but a loss of body weight and tone. I owned a Furman 20i and loved the HC outlet section for front-end gear, but not on the balanced ones that were using the balanced network, you can easily hear the impact and change from the HC outlets that were not balanced. I had that unit for several years, I later read about PS Audio units and my dealer let me take one home for a weekend, and after that weekend I ordered one, the P-12 for my front end gear, there was no contest, everything improved, from top to bottom, no losses but only more of what my gear sounded like in my system but now in total noise-free, blackest background, more weight tone, and color and this just took a noticeable step up like my system was on the quietest power grid. Dynamics better, mico details due to lack of noise, and rock-solid 120V at all times, the old my system sounds better some days or times is gone it is consistent, and I did n experiment, you can adjust the outgoing voltage on the unit so I matched the incoming wall voltage of 123V and the sound took noise dive, set it back to 120V and all was right again, so this proved how outgoing wall voltage impacts our system, some days my incoming wall voltage is 124V, so in my experience now if you buy a unit that does not give you high regulated 120V you really are missing out. I moved the Furman to my video system and it good enough for that use, but the PS Audio is just flat out better in a high-end audio system. Now of course we all like what we like, so if the newest hot thing is marketed as the best ever and you like it then your money was well spent. But voltage stabilization really does impact your sound big time. 
My experience using the Puritan 136 conditioner with grounding box both purchased as a package deal I was thrilled how it drastically reduced Ac hash and noise measuring it using an old Entech noise meter, it was amazing.

We just had a major electrical upgrade and update to our 45 year old home right down to every single light switch and receptacle replaced .
Measuring Ac noise using Entech device prior to the electrical work it was awful , using the Puritan 136 it worked as advertised however ,….Having never used a power conditioner before in the past ive used transformer and psaudio power regeneration until it developed some odd problems.

I had a couple dedicated lines installed and it was interesting experimenting with plugging my front end components one by one first directly into a standard wall receptacle, gave it a good long listen then directly into a dedicated line then into the Puritan with my preamplifier, separate out board power supplies of my server and my dac .

My dac was effected most noticeable plugged into the Puritan .
I now use a Furutech GTO 3 with my front end components directly comparing the Puritan with the Furutech it was very difficult to detect what was robbed from preamplifier and server however most definitely my Holo Audio May KTE dac was effected the most robbing it of its true performance.
My experience using the Puritan 136 conditioner with grounding box both purchased as a package deal I was thrilled how it drastically reduced Ac hash and noise measuring it using an old Entech noise meter, it was amazing.

We just had a major electrical upgrade and update to our 45 year old home right down to every single light switch and receptacle replaced .
Measuring Ac noise using Entech device prior to the electrical work it was awful , using the Puritan 136 it worked as advertised however ,….Having never used a power conditioner before in the past ive used transformer and psaudio power regeneration until it developed some odd problems.

I had a couple dedicated lines installed and it was interesting experimenting with plugging my front end components one by one first directly into a standard wall receptacle, gave it a good long listen then directly into a dedicated line then into the Puritan with my preamplifier, separate out board power supplies of my server and my dac .

My dac was effected most noticeable plugged into the Puritan .
I now use a Furutech GTO 3 with my front end components directly comparing the Puritan with the Furutech it was very difficult to detect what was robbed from preamplifier and server however most definitely my Holo Audio May KTE dac was effected the most robbing it of its true performance.