Recommended female vocalists?

Looking for female vocalists w/ ultra soothing voices - something that could relax me at the end of a hard day.

To give a bit of reference my favorites are:

Sarah McLaughlin - Surfacing: I Love You, Do What You Have To Do, Angel, Full of Grace. Fumbling Towards Ecstacy: Wait, Good Enough, Elsewhere, Ice, Hold On, Ice Cream, Fear.

Enya
Everything.

Tori Amos
Entire Little Earthquakes album. Some of her other music tends to get on my nerves a bit, though.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a ton of artists. Who else do I need to check out? If it's not too much trouble please give specific albums and songs.

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin
chexxchexx
Hifler, A truly great mention by you is Mary Black. And you are so right "Columbus" is remarkable. A timelss work if there ever was one. Very good sound as well, just shy of great.
Like the Orton and Eva Cassidy choices.I have over 1K jaz vocal discs and could rant about gals klike the Kenton songbirds (Anita O'day,June Christy,Chris Connor) and the usual suspects but let me say up front I like a traditonal Great American Songbook repetoire.For this reason I am not big on some of the more popular singers like Cassandra Wilson.Neena Freelon and Diane Reeves have nice voices but tend to to go to much in the 80's M-Base funk/soul/po interpetations.Diana Krall and thta new (lkitterally) kid Jane Monheit are a bit to polished but if you like them or a Cabaret style try Ann Hampton Calloway "Easy Living".But I like turning folks on to people they might not know like Carla Cook who got nod for a jazz emmy last yearon the good vocalist labe of new commers "Max Jazz".Sunny Sumpter on Mappleshade "Sunny" is small and intitmate.These Mappleshades are the best recorded CD's in the buisness.Get the Sax player Clifford Jorda's "Live At Ethell's"and see how good your stereo can sound.Latly the new CD by Stacy Kent "Dreamland" is fantastic.Email me for any jazz tips.