Any point to bi-amping Linn AV5140s?

I have a pair of linn av5140s with stock passive cross-overs rather than the "aktiv" cross-overs many recommend.

Is there any point to bi-amping these? Or is any difference I hear entirely a placebo affect?

Thanks!
dddrrreee
I had the Tukans Katans and Makik 140's and bi wiring the Katans and the 140's make no difference except what you'll pay in wires. I loved the speakers, but bi wiring just does not help.
Sorry, I responded incorrectly. Aktiv bypasses the crossovers and marries the amp to the drivers. Bi-amping should be as good and you can use a better amp than Linn if you choose. I've always liked their speakers, and had an all Linn system at one time except for Linn amps. Best of luck
Thanks for the responses. Setting up aktiv sounds too costly/invasive, so it seems that traditional bi-amping wouldn't help.

With that said, I just received a velodyne SMS-1 and realized it is a special case where bi-amping might make sense for the linns.

If I'm reading correctly, it provides an output where the signal <= 80hz has been stripped. So I can use it as a high pass filter (or poor man's extrernal cross over).

Bi-amping would work as follows. First, split the output from my passive lightspeed attenuator. Then use the two signals as follows:

1) feed one to the SMS so that it strips off the <= 80hz part of the signal and then feed the result to the "subwoofer" driver of the linn so that the linn doesn't compete with the two subs I have.

2) feed the other (unfiltered) right to the amp used for the tweeters/midrange drivers. This prevents the SMS from messing with the signal.

Not sure if this will sound better, of course.

Thanks for the responses!