Speaker repair...is it easy?

The speaker cone separated from the surround.  Is it easy to reglue it?  

Plastic cone and rubber surround.

The speakers are a pair of Dunlavy SC-I.

Thanks, and stay safe.
128x128audiodwebe
I literally just our Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1 speaker driver cones foam surrounds replaced and used Bill Legall of Millersound. Bill did an EXCEPTIONAL job.

Cost was $50 per larger bass driver and $45 for the smaller midrange driver.

His craftsmanship and work are priceless!

You can remove and mail the driver to him (I was close and drove to drop them off and pick them up). If one driver has an issue, it's likely the others are soon to follow - I had Bill do all of our cone drivers in our speakers and recommend you do the same.

Highly recommended!

Bill Legall

Millersound

1422 Taylor Road

Lansdale PA 19446-1531

215-412-7700

http://www.millersound.net

Hi Agree . Bill Legall at Millersound ...  I have used him since 1995 . For DQ-10 , Mcintosh Xr-5 , B&O , AR ... heck more than I want to remember .....  Great guy .

be safe
Bill Sohne
Very easy to do:
This video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpMYZq-qQNo  shows an EASY way to get the voice coil centered. You don't need to use any shims and you will not need to remove the dust cap.  This method uses a PC or a phone and a free app to produce a 50 Hz signal that you can use to be sure the voice coil is not scraping or rubbing as you are gluing the surround down to the speaker frame. I have done this several times and it works great. Most of the time the paper cone seems to almost center itself. You have to choose the correct type of glue. For many cones ( paper) Aleene's Original Tacky Glue works well. this is easy to find an inexpensive. But you say that you have a plastic cone, and if this is polypropylene then that is much more difficult to glue to. See this reference: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/43449-glue-to-polypropoline    The Aleene's tacky glue worked on this for me when I tried it on a plastic cone, but it took a VERY LONG time to get the surround to stay tacked down and I had to constantly be pressing down on parts of it that would lift up. If you search you may find a glue that works better on plastic, or go to one of the suppliers of surrounds and speaker repair kits and ask what glue they sell or recommend for plastic cones.
Post removed 
If the air gap has ferrofluid in it, the fluid will help to keep the voice coil centered.  If you need to replace the ferrofluid, please, for all that is holy in this world, use audio grade fluid.  A reputable speaker repair service will know and understand how to use ff in a driver.  Ask what type of fluid they use.  If they say EFH1 or something they got off Amazon, DO NOT POWER UP THE DRIVER AND DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK.  This is not audio grade fluid and will ruin your drivers.  I have no experience with Dunlavey speakers, but I would suggest Ferrotec APG L11 as a good substitute for what was in there.  Good luck with your repairs!
- Vanessa