I remember Jesse Penna today

Jesse was a Navy Corpsman serving with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam. He lost his life serving his country and his fellow man. It was 1968 and Jesse and I would sit in the barracks and sing along with Janis Joplin "Piece Of My Heart" We were a mess. I remember him today and many other days. I thank God that I am home today free and healthy and with my family. I remember all who served and didn't make it home. God bless America.
rec
I was just sitting out on the back porch watching the gentle rain come down, an unusual occurrence here in "tornado alley" in the Spring. I thought of another day long ago when you and I sang along with Janis. How we loved her music. Jesse you are on my mind this Memorial Day like so many other days as well. I honor your memory and I will never forget you my brother.
Another year my brother. I think of you often, especially on this day. A year like no other. I will never forget Jesse, the days are getting shorter now but I will always remember our time together and  how we sang along with Janis so long ago...
Hey Rec  - I was getting worried about you as I told my wife earlier today that I did not see your post today. Thank you and especially Jesse once again on this day for your services. Stay well …..     

The years are coming faster now Jesse, I am thinking of you on this day my brother. Janis is singing and you and I are trying to keep up with her in the background. I will never forget for all the days of my life.