Bookshelf to replace Martin Logan Source

Looking to replace a pair of Martin Logan ESL 'Source' speakers with a bookshelf set that can deliver similar sound quality with wider/taller dispersion. Trying to reduce the clutter and footprint (towers and subwoofer), and improve sound field. System will be powered by NAD C388 (with BloOS2i MDC) - once I figure-out how to get all the various firmware updates done and app to recognize it (wow NAD setup is unfriendly - compared to Denon).

Tried:
  • B&W FPM4 = Used these as computer monitors for years. They have terrific mids/highs, but require a sub.
  • Elac Debut2.0-6.2 = Great value (not on-par with FPM4 or Debut2), now in the garage system - replaced Micca...
  • Micca MB42X - also a good value, but these weren't intended to compete with ML - they were purchased for near-field computer speaker duty, and later moved to garage (prior to Elac). 
  • SVS Ultra Bookshelf = Had high-hopes for these, and they do play low along with good mid/highs, but they sound like old rotary phone speakers compared to ML Source.
  • Auditioned Golden Ear Aon3 side-by-side with SVS Ultra Bookshelf in a store recently, and couldn't immediately tell which I preferred, so likely Aon3 will compare similarly to UltraBS against ML's. Even though I'm a GE fan (Triton3+ in the HT system), Aon3 is a non-starter.
Next, I'd like to try Buchardt S400 (rated down to 33Hz), reviews say they are very good - especially bass and dispersion. One YouTube review I watched even mentioned 'ESL sound'.

Are there any other bookshelf possibilities in the sub-$2000 range that might be close to ESL? Oddly enough, think the biggest hurdle is bass. They don't need to have the 'magic' mid/highs of ESL's (I'd be very surprised to find that), but they need bass equal to Source (which are not especially noteworthy - for towers).

SVS UltraBS fall short on bass. I could leave the sub there, but with a sub the B&W FPM4's actually have better mid/high than SVS. Guess I'm looking for outstanding bass and mid/highs on-par with UltraBS and FMP4's.

Any bookshelf recommendations in the sub-$2000/pr range are appreciated!
128x128mwatsme
@argonatz The Polk T50 are a terrific value. I think there are other options in the same price range that might compare favorably. Check Audioholics website for shootout that includes T50 and similar competitors.

My T50's ended up in my son's system with an old Sony receiver and CD player and BT receiver (for streaming from his phone) - seldomly used.

For my 2-ch system, once I decided to move to floor-standers, built LinkwitzLabs LXmini speakers. Continued AB/demo testing many more against LXmini, which ultimately included Tekton Double Impact (with factory upgrade). LXmini performance has exceeded everything - sold all contenders, including the Tektons, and ML electrostats sold a few months ago. I did use those two (and the B&W currently for sale) as my 'references' for a while to judge/voice against LXmini. Then about a month ago, I built a pair of dual 12" open-baffle subs to compliment the 'minis. Now, I feel the sound is perfected, and I've refocused on gear to simplify and raise the 2-ch system to the next level.

Polk T50 are an extraordinary value, but check competitors first. Also I bought them on-sale at Amazon, I recall them being super cheap - wait for the sale unless you're impatient.
Wow! Thanks for the quick and informative response.I will check out the LXmini and the rest of the LinkwitzLabs offerings.You have already help me eliminate some speakers that I was considering andthat is a tremendous help to me.The Tektons, MLs and B&W are fairly expensive and I don't want to be boxing any of them up, lugging them to FEDEX/UPS and shipping them back.

So maybe the Polks are not the best option for me but they are the price
of a really nice meal for 2 including wine.
Once again, a huge "Thank You".

If you want simple great value, stick with the T50 or contenders (LXmini is not simple). If I recall correctly, in the same price range are Sony, Pioneer, and Dayton Audio (PartsExpress) - all have an excellent value offering. Think the Dayton Audio comes out on top with reviewers ( I have no personal experience with them) - think it was the MK442T.

LXmini requires commitment. They are DIY only (unless you buy what someone else made), Also requires DSP and multi-channel amp (unless you build a special passive crossover). Those aspects are also strengths, depending on one's point of view. The sound is holographic and most similar to electrostats and bipoles (speakers with additional drivers on the back side). They sound like hearing the performance live. LXmini's are brilliant, and designed by Linkwitz (of Linkwitz-Riley crossover fame), a genius in many aspects - may he rest in peace.