dcs bartok vs DENAFRIPS TERMINATOR-PLUS

Hi,
I'm considering to buy a new DAC, iv'e already heard the dcs bartok and it seems to be a wonderful DAC.
Iv'e got a lot of recommendations about the denafrips terminator-plus but i still didn't try it. Does someone have a conclusion which of this two options is better.
Thanks a lot !
128x128haimr
+1 to what @whipsaw said. I've had a Denafrips Pontus II for about 6 weeks. I just listened to a Chord Hugo TT / MScaler combination at a dealer this past weekend as a friend was auditioning amplifiers. The  Chord Hugo TT / MScaler sounded surprisingly flat so we put in the Pontus in its place. No comparison at all. It was immediately evident that the Pontus was fuller in sound, more engaging and was just able to 'play the tune' much better than the Chord Hugo TT / MScaler. I personally was ABSOLUTELY shocked at how much better the $1700 Denafrips Pontus sounded than the $10,000 Chord combo given all of the great reviews that I've heard about the Chord Hugo TT and the MScaler.

So I wouldn't sell the Denafrips short even if it's pedigree isn't as impressive as the dcs.

My suggestion may be to look for a used Terminator Plus. Try it in your system. Compare it to the dcs Bartok at the dealer if you can.

If you don't like it, you should be able to sell it for exactly what you paid for it.  That was my thinking in recently buying both a used Qutest & a new Pontus II. I figured I would keep whichever one I liked better and sell the other for about what I paid for it.
dcs bartok vs DENAFRIPS TERMINATOR PLUS ,.your title seems to be shouting out Denafrips model , maybe you’ve made your mind up already...
When I had the Terminator I never liked the way it reproduced transiences along with timbre and tone with well recorded vocals plus something else it did I don’t recall right now it’s been a while though maybe the plus is an improvement.

Theres word on the street the Holo Audio May KTE dac for less cost has the performance to directly compete of the likes of the DCS Bartok including the Chord Dave and certainly the Denafrips line .

Theres word on the street the Holo Audio May KTE dac for less cost has the performance to directly compete of the likes of the DCS Bartok including the Chord Dave and certainly the Denafrips line .
Could you tell me where you read that? I find it very daring

The choice between the dcs Bartok vs the DENAFRIPS Terminator-Plus is not going to be an easy decision.   This decision is further complicated by maybe considering some other DAC's such as MSB Discrete, Bricasti (M1SE or M21), Chord, DAVE, Holo Audio May KTE DAC, etc.   Additional DAC's should be added to this list.  

If possible, I strongly suggest you audition these DAC's before you make your decision.   Based on the responses you received so far, there is no consensus on what to purchase.

I went through a similar process and purchased the Bricasti M21 DAC.   The addition of the M21 substantially improved the sound quality of my audio system.  To my ears, everything sounds truly outstanding.   The M21's “advanced architecture means you can select, evaluate and enjoy three independent digital to analog converter signal paths: 24-bit delta sigma, 20-bit ladder DAC (I use the R2R option) and true 1-bit DSD for DSD content.  The M21 is a world class DAC and is recommended.  

My plan was to audition the DAC before I purchased it and, preferably, in my home and in my system.   I purchased the Bricasti because it sounded great in my home.   Both the dcs Bartok vs the DENAFRIPS Terminator-Plus are great DAC options and I suggest you arrange for a home demo to help you make a decision.    I hope this helps.