REVEL Salon2s - What Amp is needed? Subs needed?

I am considering the purchase of Revel Salon2s, assuming that wife will approve. (Decorator is also involved. UGH)

To play rock at medium levels, what amp would you recommend? (Hopefully not crazy expensive). I have two 20 year old Krell mono amps. Good enough?

Is a sub woofer necessary (hope not) ?

In a room with lots of glass and hard surfaces, would you recommend a sound processor, and if so which one(s)? Or maybe an equalizer?

Thanks for your thoughts
jimmymac928
I love the bass on the Salons. When I had them in a 16' x 23' room I never used a sub. The bass was perfect for my tastes. I used a Bryston 7B-SST.
I own the Salon 2s. Unless your room is extremely large, no sub is required - even for rock. The Salons can play loud and have a very nice bottom end.

Thanks,
Mike
I was going to say "no subs, unless they're for home theater", but I guess it depends on how much bass is too much? If your answer is "never", add some subs. Two is good, three is better. Integration is going to be a problem, though, without some kind of processor. Lyngdorf makes a good one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Krell, but Plinius matches up to the Revel speakers quite nicely.

The Salon speakers are a lot of fun. Lucky man!
My room is 14x25 with very high ceiling and I don't need any sub at all. But I listen to mostly jazz and classical and some light rock. Perhaps subs can be useful for rock.

High quality powerful amps are recommended. Salon 2s are very coherent sounding with excellent integration of all the drivers. The bass response is extremely fast, so adding a sub may require some effort unless you are very experienced. I use subs for home theater only and always stay with full range speakers for two channel without subs.

I am sure the folks above can show use how to add subs to the Salon 2s. Happy listening.