Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
I’m struggling with the same question, Sachs pre and phono vs Supratek Cortese with standard tube phono. Building new system (last horray): 
Spatial X5 speakers, being built
Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL40 amp
VPI Scout, JMW 9
Benz Micro L2 cart
Jolida JD100 Tube CD
LAST PIECE OF THE PUZZLE- preamp & phono
listen to 70-80’s R&B, Jazz, Pop & some soft rock (music).
looking for thoughts, suggestions, input - choice between two noted units only. 
When I asked about the LTA MicroZotl preamps, I was told by both developer and owners that it was tonally "neutral" as opposed to modestly warm. If the amp creates that kind of tonality overall in your system and you like it, then be aware that Mick builds intentionally on the (modestly) warm side. Of course, you can make his builds neutral with careful tube rolling.
I one wants neutral tonality, why not go for a good solid state pre, maintenance free and no need for tube nervousness aka Nos Tubes😝
I got my Cabernet a few weeks ago now, very happy with the quality of construction and the sound is very good, one thing I have noticed is that after a week or so I started noticing hiss from the woofer on my Graham Audio LS 6/9, I am sure it was not there before and I sounds like it is the woofers not tweeters, have not tried the 300b output again since trying it out the second day of ownership, for me the 6SN7 output sounded better and more resolving.
Could the tubes gone bad already ?
A family member did shot down the Hi-Fi the right way, but pre amp first, which gave a small thump from the speakers, but no damage to speakers, I have noticed that I have to wait 3-5 min after my Belles SA30 class A amp has been turned off before turning of my Cabernet, otherwise I hear a small thump and sucking noises from both speakers, if waiting a few minutes everything is fine. My speakers are 87db so I would thing the amp to be totally quiet.
Will investigate in the weekend, but if anyone has any input, I would be grateful.
The noise you are describing seems to be normal — same when turning on and sometimes iff my Chardonnay — and should cause no harm to your speakers no matter when you turn it on or off, but ask Mick if you want. I’d also ask about the hiss. Depending on the amount, that may or may not be normal. Jim Smith, the well known set-up guru in the U.S., says that in his experience systems with a touch of noise sound better than those that are dead silent. But of course, noise can be of different types and volumes, so it’s worth asking as well as checking all connections and making sure cables are well placed.