Cons of using main XLR/Balanced outs for subwoofer?

I'm putting my system together for the first time in a new space with a new to me preamp and new speakers.

Signal Chain:
TT/Streamer
McIntosh C220
McIntosh MC7270
Ohm Walsh 4.4012

The 7270 does not offer balanced inputs.
The Ohms have active subs which offer balanced input.
The C220 has only one Balanced output for the Main Output. 

Is there any harm in using the main XLR output to send signal to the subwoofers, and using the 1, or 2 RCA output to send signal to the main drivers?

Thoughts?

Thanks
z
zdw11
Thanks Ralph @atmasphere , so it seems like there is a good chance for improvement since you said before ¨If the RCA outputs are in parallel with the balanced outputs on your preamp then what you describe makes sense. If it were me I'd be using the Jensen ISO MAX¨
   I will check it out, Thanks a lot!
@rauliruegas
"If you can connect a decent amplifier maybe coming from one of your friends instead the Dayton and se what happens.¨
The think with the Dayton is that it is also a sub x over preamp, but i will check out if its possible to bypass it amp section (1000 w class AB) and yes borrow another Bryston or something good to try. Yes 5 subs , two Vandersteen 2wq with their highpass filters at 80 hz and 3 passive B&W,s that are moved by the dayton 1000 sub amp. The mains are the Gradient Revolution, and yes very easy load for them with the help of the subs.
Yes , i will contact Bryston and see what they have to say.
Saludos Raul!
@atmasphere

Ralph said "So if you have a balanced output on the preamp and a single-ended input for the sub, the ISO-MAX Jensen box is the elegant solution". 

Question/clarification...since the ISO-Max transformer has a single ended input and a single ended output, are you using something like this Neutrik adapter to go from preamp balanced out to transformer rca input?

Neutrik NA2FPMM 3 Pin XLR Female to RCA Plug Adapter (parts-express.com)
Question/clarification...since the ISO-Max transformer has a single ended input and a single ended output, are you using something like this Neutrik adapter to go from preamp balanced out to transformer rca input?
No.

The Jensen ISO-MAX can be supplied how you need it- for example with a balanced input (that is how mine are set up) and a single-ended output. That is specified when you order it.
Plan to use my Rowland Concerto integrated amp to drive my Salk Song3 mains full range and preamp output to a chain of 4 active subs in a Distributed Bass Array. Would like to do the Audiokinesis Swarm eventually but right now have to use existing subs from home theater system. The Rowland is fully balanced from inputs to outputs, with  2 sets of balanced XLR outputs, no unbalanced outputs. First option: balanced output A to a Jensen Transformer Iso-Max PC-2XR (2 Ch XLR in/RCA out), then RCA into L/R inputs of sub #1, then daisy chain to rest of subs somehow using either dual or mono RCA connections. Option 2: Rowland balanced out to balanced inputs of a Revel Performa3 B110 sub, then begin daisy chain using mono RCA output.  Already have the Revel sub and Jensen Transformer model, rather not have to buy the Jensen SUB-1RR unless that is truly better. The Revel sub also has mono XLR out but looks like XLR inputs are only found on hi-end/cost subs or pro gear, so likely just sticking to low cost good DBA subs with RCA inputs like the SVS-1000 Pro (already have a pair). Option 1 could use the summing circuit within any sub like the SB-1000 Pro to start the chain. Option 2 uses the Revel (maybe better circuitry?) and means I don't have to use the Jensen with its extra cost and cabling. Would really appreciate input on these options or others from Ralph @atmasphere and anyone else on XLR/RCA issues with multiple subs. Thanks