Vfet / SIT Amplifiers

Are there Vfet amplifier owners on this forum?

If yes, what do you own and what are your impressions?

sonetduo
yeah, I read some different opinions and I will not try to justify why anyone would state that, other that they had units of different conditions, or did not perform true A/B listening. 
In my system where the amp would be the only variable, a properly restored B-2 or B-1 will sound same or better in most situation than a B-3 or B-3 duo.

The problem with the B-2 or the B-1 is that they require lots more work and some simplification to bring them back to prime. The simplification part would actually allow for by-passing some of the selector functions and streamline the signal path. This brings them to a simpler signal path level, similar to that of the B-3 (or TA-N7, JM-S7, TA-8550, BA-1000, SIT-3, for that matter).

I spend countless hours of A/B listening to most V-fet amps ever made. 
One thing I can say is that ALL of them are very engaging, where some would sound different than others or have more authority, but the differences are subtle. Another out-right statement I can make based on my listening impressions is that none of the other amps matches the B-1 in terms of sound stage and 3D of depth. The low-end of the B-1 could be blurry if the wrong type bulk caps are used. This is true for all the others, but it is more noticeable with the B-1.

An important callout is that during the restoration, if the wrong replacement parts are used, that WILL impact the sound signature of the unit and not in a good way.
For my restorations, I keep a well preserved and mildly refreshed original unit of each model as frame of reference for the other units I am restoring.  During the restoration process I do not introduce any components that would negatively impact the sound signature of the original. Sadly, replacing components just for the sake of replacement, is a practice wildly popular which in most cases would actually cause a "rebuilt" unit to sound worse than the original.
Now you've done it! I have to go now and get the B-1 and the B-2 to make sure I am not missing on anything :)

What do you think of TA-N7 and TA-N88?
The TA-N7 is the one to have. It sounds excellent. Very clean and transparent. Different signature than the TA-N8550 which has a lot warmer sound.
I did have a N88, but did not keep it because it had issues and I did not want to spend the time to fix it at the time, so I sent it back. Eventually I will get another one.
My friends who have both, the N-7 and N-88, give the N-7 the edge in versatility and overall sound performance. My understanding is that the N88 could sound good too, but it requires more thought on system matching.
Hi, i'm new...
It's really nice to see people who like V-fet😊
I com from France and the V-fet are not popular, people prefer hegel or rega sound, they never listened to it...
I don't like that sound...
I have a Sony ta-5650 amp (i use the power part) and a "lampizator subminiature" preamp, built by "the polish guru" Lukasz Fikus (SRPP circuit, 6h16b russian valve nos and a 6c4p-ev rectifier valve).
I have a preamp Sony ta-E88, too clear for me, and lack of density, the preamp lampizator is much better, the sound is more realistic!
Lukas Fikus compared it to a Verdier preamp at 20.000€, almost impossible to differentiate!!!