For Your Edification and Enjoyment re "Burn In", etc.

Just published at Dagogo.com, my article "Audiophile Law: Burn In Test Redux". 

Validation of my decision ten years ago.  :) 

douglas_schroeder
Post removed 
Yawn ....

When someone instead of answering clear arguments "yawn" there is in my experience 2 possibilities only :

I am boring when i meet myself an idiot and in this case i understand you perfectly... I myself "yawn" with some people...

The problem is the people that make me "yawn" are those who are not creative and have no arguments, and not only dont understand anything but dont wanted to....

I am perhaps one of these people .... Why not? 😁

But wait a minute, i post to you a research article about the law of the first wavefront, i said that it gives to me an idea for a simple experiment that transform the S.Q. in a room ,i even explained in my post the usefulness of blind testing for some people and its not so usefulness in some circonstances and for some people... No answer from you?

Then i cannot BE the main idiot myself, at least completely, in this dialogue between you and me...

Guess who is idiot, playing mute to the arguments, to some serious science article and a simple experiment by his "yawning" reaction then? And lack of curiosity? Are you afraid?

Knowledge is not understanding sorry....It is sometimes even the opposite... An open mind dont confuse the 2....

Good night.....

After speaking to you , it is me who yawn now.....But the absence of any thinking reaction from someone could be a sound reason for yawning no ?

Mahgister - I can’t think of anyone who needs to accept and use blind testing or null testing more than you.
You have all the characteristics of an innovator - an inquiring mind, a desire for improvement, and a willingness to experiment.
But you have no proof. The null tester in the link I posted has proof - scientific and engineering proof - that the $3 and $1000 interconnects passed the audio in exactly the same way.
You have no proof that painting that cable, or lifting it up on blocks, or burning it in, or switching it with another makes any difference at all. You only have claims.
Mahgister - I can’t think of anyone who needs to accept and use blind testing or null testing more than you.
You have all the characteristics of an innovator - an inquiring mind, a desire for improvement, and a willingness to experiment.
But you have no proof. The null tester in the link I posted has proof - scientific and engineering proof - that the $3 and $1000 interconnects passed the audio in exactly the same way.
You have no proof that painting that cable, or lifting it up on blocks, or burning it in, or switching it with another makes any difference at all. You only have claims.
You miss my point read my last post a second time...

Blindtest are useful for ONE single small change, for an engineer in a small task or a company driving a scientific and a commercial project to reassure customers and themselves...

I am NOT a customer nor a manufacturer, i dont need to be reassured by blind tests...I dont work in a commercial project like an engineer who was sometimes in the need to convince another engineer in the same project about a very small audible change...My project is my audio system and room...

Most of my changes are not small, they are big enough to be very audible for the best or worst, they are incremental and cumulative....No need to be reassured at all...

When Helmholtz designed his famous bottle do you think he ask for a blind test? An experiment is repeatable generally and very evident...

My last discovery this evening is very powerful and could change acoustically completely a room S.Q., do you think i was needing a blindtest this night for reassuring me? I will speak of it later after new experiments not blindtest.... 😁

Blindtests are for mass designers or consumers, or they are in audio threads for people that have never themselves designed listenings experiments at all and never created their own triple embeddings controls over the working dimensions of their system.... Blind test are for those who bought something generally costly, plug it in the wall and play the source.... They need to be reassured...

This is not my case at all.... I never bought anything, i dont wait passively after plugging it.... I think experiment, listen, after that i think anew, i experiment anew, i listen anew... I never blindtest myself, save accidentally, guess why by yourself?

To satisfy those who accuse without trying anything all audiophiles to be passive idiots needing to be tested against placebo?

Are you kidding?

Thanks for your generous assessment of my character.... I am only a little bit active because i was lacking the money to buy plug and play.... If not i would have never worked during 2 years on my system and room and would have never devised all my "nutty" devices, i will be here after spending my money on consumer products asking for a blind test for some costly doubtful product before or after satisfying my "upgrade" urgency...

I dont upgrade because i dont need it.....I will perhaps accidentally like this night devise another new experiment, i dont know but without needing to test my listening experience in my room .... For sure i will let blindtest for manufacturers and those in the "skeptic club".....My room is my day by day experience no need to prove it, to whom? I sell nothing, only propose peanuts cost experiments to improve S.Q.

I dont have claims, i only suggest experiments and new simple concepts....

«Thinking is like walking , no need to doubt no need to believe at all...For sure your doubts or beliefs could IMPEDE your walk like your tought process tough.»- Anonymus Smith

« You are wrong, when i go to the grocery i must believe the grocery is always there»-Groucho Smith

«But Groucho you dont need to believe or doubt an internal perception or an axiom no?»-Harpo Marx
My listening methods and experiments are not ADDING "tweaks" after buying something...

The three things you listed here are NOT my propositions but claims always discussed in all audio thread beginning with Abel And Cain....True or not, i dont even know for sure...

I propose myself simple experiments in the mechanical, electrical and acoustical dimensions... I called that controls over working embeddings dimensions not "tweaks"..

My controls devices are not secondary addition to a system, they are more powerful than the system upgrade itself...

I learn only one thing in audio: tuning a system is more important than buying a system....

I am not in a cable obsessions club either nor in the "skeptic club" but in listenings experiments...

«Skeptic club are like club for men unable to marry accusing women, myself i am in love and i dont doubt, i create»-Myself

«What in the hell do you create ?»-Groucho Marx

«My own joy and my own audio system.»-Myself

«How do you know without blind test ?»-smiling Groucho