Merlin VSM/MMe with Berning ZH-270

I have just acquired a ZH-270 to use with my Merlins, I have the following setup Mark Levinson no37/360s, Berning ZH-270, Merlin VSM/MMe with the SBAM connected between DAC and Amp as there is no tape loop. My Problem is that on most CDs I get a distorted sound, especially at Norm or Med feedback settings?.
Thanks in advance
David
agathe79
Have you tried it with the BAM out of the system?I didnt know it would work the way you have it hooked up,good luck,Bob
I also use the Berning ZH 270 with VSM speakers (MX version). I found that the Berning benefited from the use of a preamplifier. My source is the AA Capitole. The insertion of a preamplifier (Joule or First Sound) in the chain significantly improved the sound. I use the bam between the source and the preamplifier. I was much happier with the Berning (which I really like) after I used it with a preamplifier.
You may have bad batteries in the BAM. Does it sound any different if the BAM is plugged in to AC?
Low feedback sounds best anyway.
I have a horrible feeling it is the SBAM, going to try tonight, I'm interested in trying it with a pre-amp, but those mentioned are not available in the UK, I was wondering about C-J ET3 SE?.