Need Advice on a DAC for my Music Server?

I live in the Dallas, TX area and i can't really find way here to audition any dac. Currently i'm currently rig = merdian 506.24 cdp>naim amp>wilson benesch Curve. I'm pretty happy with this setup. I've been using a theta pro II Dac with my mac (apple lossless) and m-audio usb through s/pdif. The does not sound as good as my CDP player. I'm thinking about purchasing a new dac. I've read alot about many dacs and would like to spend about 1500 USD. To give a idea of my listening prefrence, i really like the sound of the naim cdp. I've heard alot about the bel canto dac2 and the benchmark dac1.

As mention above, i can't audition these.....so can anyone recomend me which is better suited for me or maybe somethng else. I just don't want to buy and return things over the mail.

Thankds
seekill
My understanding is that Lossless is not actually compressed. It is smaller than a regular file but that does not mean the music is compressed. Others who know more than I do have written about this on other threads here with more sophistication, but, my understanding is that a bit for bit rip of a song from CD contains a lot of empty space that is not necessary for accurate reproduction. The lossless schemes have found a way of removing the empty space without removing the vital data. I have read articles where reviewers have made bit for bit comparisons and found the lossless schemes to be bit perfect. So, I disagree with Duane's statment. Lossless files through a DAC in your price range can sound great.
No, you're correct. Even lossy compression is digitally output as PCM data. The server uncompresses the files before they are output.
It is my understanding that lossless is still compressed using a larger algorithms and taking advantage of newer more powerful PC's. It is also compressing less by only eliminating subtle reflected sound of low signals during passages when there is a lot of information or significantly loud music. This is how it was explained to me by an engineer at BAT anyways. If I am off track please let me know. I do hear a difference between an original and Media Player 10 with lossless settings.
Here is an article that I think does a nice job of explaining things. I am not
sure who's point it supports I just think it is great information.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue22/nugent.htm

Here is another good link that, if I recall, talks about various things realted to
ripping and lossless formats; after you click the link got the May 2005 article:

http://www.modernhometheater.com/howto/index.html

My personal experience: I did NOT notice a significant difference between my
hard drive based system (see my system and other posts i've made on this
topic) and using a CEC TL-51X transport. I also thought my hard-drive based
system - using the Waveterminal U24 as a DAC - bested my old XA777ES on
redbook (not SACD though).

Hope this helps further the overall discussion.
Lossless is lossless. You can verify that by converting back and forth between a losslessly compressed file and the original uncompressed WAV file. They should be bit identical. You can't do this a lossy compression format like MP3.

Picking a DAC for a music server is the same as picking a DAC in general. The only special consideration is whether you need the added convenience of a built-in USB interface which you may or may not need, depending on your set-up.