anyone bi amp a pair of ess amt1d active xo ?

neck deep in this project.
Using a rane AC22 active crossover
2 X ADCOM 5400
Integra 7.8 pre out

A/B - ing both speakers (one standard using the ess passive xo the other using the Rane xo set to 800hz) i find the mid and mid highs harsh. tweaking the xo point up to 900/1000/1100/1200 did not help much.

Any help via experience would be great!!

Thanks
boarder36
Wow - thanks!!!
We are basicly doing the same deal!
I dont quite get the audyssey integration - can you give me some detail, this will be my next activity!
As you probably already know, Audyssey does a fantastic job of correcting speaker response in the room. In a way, it acts like an equalizer, except without many of the downsides of an EQ. It also corrects time delays, and other things.

Well, when you calibrate your system with Audyssey, it's meant for room modes, assuming your speakers are already close to flat. Well... if you speakers aren't flat, Audyssey still fixes it, within the limits of what it can correct. Try to get it as close as you can, while biasing it a little to the lower end (that's just my experience; yours may be different). Then run the full microphone calibration like you normally would. I think you'll be happy with the results. I know I am. :)

IBJamon
How'd it go? BTW, you will need to use it on 'stereo' mode or another mode where Audyssey is active for best effect.

IBJamon
Thanks IBJAMON!!
I have not got there yet.
Still working the side by side audio comparison.
Thought to adjust the Q using the Rane by using both channels (one for low) & (one for high)this would enable 2 points of adjustment using 2 XO points.
Still dorking with it and will supply an update soon!