Audio Research VT80SE amp vs Prima Luna EVO 400 or 300

It’s time to get a newer tube amp after years of happy listening to vintage mono tube amps- MFA M-120 to be precise. I will mate the new amp with my upgraded/updated MFA Luminescence preamp and power Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage speakers. The Lumi is deservedly a legend and has a fabulous phono stage, to boot.

I’ve read many reviews and comments about both the ARC and the Prima Luna gear but would greatly appreciate a response from folks who’ve had experience with either one or the other or preferably both.

My musical tastes are quite eclectic, but primarily "classical" and do not include heavy metal, nor much R+R or pop at this stage of my life. I’m partial to what some might call warm, romantic and "euphonic," and from what I know, Audio Research tends to be less "euphonic" than some other tube components. At the same time, I enjoy listening to subtle details that more syrupy components can obscure. Unfortunately, I cannot audition anything prior to purchase, neither in my home nor at a dealer.  After much experimentation, I am convinced that SF GH's LOVE tubes!

Thanks in advance. Stay safe. Be well.

PS
ps
@BIF,

Ken Kessler thinks the REF 75SE is the best amp they ever made, current lineup included.  And he literally compiled/authored the latest book about ARC.  So, no, I would not agree with the marketer's notion that the 160S blows away the 150SE or the 75SE.  My ears, and my reading, tell me that ARC has moved 1-2 degrees away from their traditional sound to add a bit of what my teenage ears liked.  But just a smidge.  Then you have flat-out improvements with capacitors, resistors, wiring, etc.  I wouldn't have moved to the 160S in my trophy system if I didn't like it more.  I'll just say this: if they come out with a 260S, I would trade up and sacrifice the 160S for the new toy.  But I will never sell my REF 75SE (or REF40).
And good call on the KT150s for OP.  My 75 always had them, as has the 160S.  But I played around with the EL34s v the KT150s in my PL.  In that amp, I preferred the EL34s (they softened some leading edges, which you can understand me liking from my first note).  But talk about oranges to apples ... the ARC amps that can accommodate KT150s all benefit from that swap, I believe it's fair to say without controversy. 

Lastly, seeing the note about biasing, it's easy on the 75SE.  Child's play.  And gives you one more thing to monitor and kid yourself into thinking you're a participant ...
To quote: "Lastly, seeing the note about biasing, it’s easy on the 75SE. Child’s play. And gives you one more thing to monitor and kid yourself into thinking you’re a participant ..."

My MFA monos are super-easy to bias. The meter is in front as are the controls. I am very comfortable in tube world. :). But maybe I’m just getting soft in my golden years and am starting to look into "set it and forget it." :)

If I go with PL, as good as the E34’s might be, I’ll likely try KT150. I’ll still feel as if I’m a real participant. :)

You fellow tubeaholics rock.

One other thing, is it absolutely the case that the 75SE must use balanced interconnects?  If I keep my Lumi pre I cannot do that.

Balanced only.  It’s a fully balanced amp, and you might want to give that issue a think.  Not sure how it would like single ended outputs adapted to XLR from an unbalanced pre.  Evo from what I recall is unbalanced (even with the XLR input options).  
Anyone know how good the VT80SE is?  Is it just a small step below the Ref75se or is it a big gap?  They aren't priced that far apart.
@jrw1971
Thanks for confirming that.  Then the 75SE is not viable, unless I get another preamp, which is not likely to happen.