SVS vs REL and experiences with both: your comments and preferences...

I’ve owned SVS and now own REL but just wondering who has had both and would care to share your experiences between the two. They seem to both have great advertising but a much different approach to it . Customer service is top notch too.  They both to me seem to have tons of reviews and getting awards......Thoughts.....
128x128bacardi
One thing I would like to say that many people have also heard is that Rel makes subwoofers - AND ONLY SUBWOOFERS - which I think is why they are what they are. SVS makes speakers, subwoofers, cones and cabling........They both make great subs, but Rel subs do things that no other subs do and that is that they effect the whole spectrum. Highs, midrange and low end is effected. Scale and depth of soundstage is affected. And that’s something special as they specialize in just subs.....Something to think about.

You realize that SVS started out making subs and only later added speakers and other items?
absolutely....I almost tried the svs speakers but didn’t. That’s when I purchased the PB13 Ultra....wasn’t 
@barcardi,
They both make great subs, but Rel subs do things that no other subs do and that is that they effect the whole spectrum. Highs, midrange and low end is effected. Scale and depth of soundstage is affected. And that’s something special as they specialize in just subs.....
That is exactly how I feel about PSA subs and what their designer Tom Vodhanel does. That’s what I call ’voicing’. PSA does it, if not better than any other sub manufacturer for far less cost to the customer than REL or SVS. I’ve owned 4 different pairs of SVS subs and never liked any one of the models voicing. And Tom Vodhanel's PSA customer service is legendary. REL to me, is way overpriced, IMHO. The highest compliment I can give PSA subs is you can’t hear them. You only notice them when they are not on/playing.

@tyray, the problem is that the Euro dollar is awefull then the exchange if your Canadian which contributes to people not deciding on Rel. Understandable. But if one is willing, a Rel is the sub to have....IMO.....