Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
It’s saying something when a record by a group like this can make refrigerator-size speakers disappear with musicians floating around, up and down the room.   So cool.   I mean, not what one might expect from an 80s wasteland band that I along with others used to conflate with Duran Duran and the like.  So cool.  
Somebody really knew how to record piano music.  Sounds like I’m sitting at the piano listening to the strings being struck.  I wish some of my solo piano records were recorded this well.  
Christmas lights on all around the house and wider neighborhood grid drawing the nasty noise from the mains.   
Evenings like this could turn someone into an audiophile....
That sounds like a worthwhile ride Jim. I have a good friend our age who recently found a new girlfriend. Anyway, he’s been telling me about all these progressive rock bands she’s really into. She’s got all the classics, loves Genesis, Tull, et. al. But also has hundreds of records by bands I’ve barely or never heard of. So, there are some. Not mine, unfortunately.
I guess people used to think Hollis sounded too much like Brian Ferry (I never paid much attention) but I think he sound more like late-80s Winwood.