Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Spirit,
Your decision to audition all three of these amplifiers is wise.You`ll get endless opinions from the rest of us based on our own experiences and personal taste. Only you have your unique pair of ears and this is the best way to choose what`s best for you.I`m sure builters of SET amplifiers(or any other amp topology) could make their case as passionately as Ralph naturally does for the merits of his OTLs.Listening will settle it for you.
I look forward to your exciting endeavor.
Regards,
+1 to the last comment. In a big way. At some point it is all about hearing something in your system and seeing how it meshes with your room, equipment and preferences. Let us know how it all turns out.
You reap as you sow Mr Anderson.

Did you ever have the Defs on Sistrum or just Equarack and Stillpoints?
A little info that may explain the assertion that the 4s with OTL sound possibly lean thru the midbass, and analytical with emphasised treble, versus SET 845 which may present more body and a richer tonality.
It seems that the capacitor, a Mundorf, on the high pass filter to the Radian tweeter would present a very hot treble thru the Radian 850 with OTL.
A solution to this would be the replacement of this capacitor taming the very top end a little to accommodate the OTL more successfully.
Apparently this is a rel simple job involving getting to the back of the tweeter, the capacitor is not even soldered, just a straight swap.
Interestingly on the 6Moons preview of the Druid V, the Italian distributor has done just this proceedure to alter it's high end character.
Spirit,
I reccently replaced my speaker`s only pair of caps(tweeter)with the Duelund CAST and they are simply remarkable! Keep in mind an upgrade crossover capacitor will benefit 'all' good amplifiers(you`ll hear more of what it has to offer).What is your replacement capacitor?
Regards,