Trans-Fi Terminator Tonearm: 2019 Update

In reading a few related posts on linear tracking tonearm, in general,  and Trans-Fi Terminator , in particular, I thought I would give a brief update of the Terminator.

I purchased the arm directly from Andrey in Moscow two months ago. From what I understand, Andrey has taken over production after Vic's retirement. What I received is the most up-to-date version of the arm with the carbon fibre wand and brass counterweights, the direct wire leads from cartridge to  phono amp, and a new brass manifold ( not evident from the main web-site). Both the wand and the new manifold are Andrey's contribution to the continued refinement of the Terminator.

Also,  please visit this site: https://darklanternforowen.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/terminator-tonearm-new-arm-mount/. This gentlemen from NZ has developed a new arm mount for the Terminator which advanced the arm's sonics even further. It was reading through the the development of this new arm mount that convinced me to order the Terminator after much prior research. I did not purchase the arm mount from NZ as it would not readily fit my Verdier La Platine, instead Andrey made a custom arm mount. It is in essence a two point support mount rather than a single point support rod that is commonly used. 

My previous arm was a SME V of 1990's vintage mounted with a ZYX airy. The Terminator is several notch above the SME V. All the accolades given to the Terminator seem justified. My main point in writing is that the new developments by Andrey, i.e. the carbon fibre wand and the newest brass manifold, seem to improve upon the Terminator even more ( see link above ). This is the news that I wanted to share with existing Terminator owners. I asked Andrey to start a blog on all the new stuff that is happening with the arm, but it seems that he is busy making 'things'!

ledoux1238
@sgunther The brass manifold is chrome or nickel plated with a satin finish, so no worries there. 
A question on setting VTF :

In a recent adjustment to the wire harness, I decided to pull it closer to the cartridge. The wire harness rests on the front face of the slider. Small adjustment to the harness is necessary as we play records.
The problem I am encountering is setting VTF in this configuration. The slightest tuck on the harness will yield a different reading on the VTF gauge. Measuring VTF at different positions on the platter will yield different readings as well. This presumably is caused by the harness acting on the wand, and thereby changing the weight of the wand + cartridge. The changes in VTF reading can vary from 0.1g to 0.4 g!! And that is a serious problem. 
I then pulled the harness to the back which is the more typical position. And even in this position a slight tuck on the harness chances the VTF. Now the variations is in the 0.05 g range. But it is still changing.

I always understood that the harness was acting on the wand, and then the effect is negligible. However, given these measurements, my questions are :  As the wand travels across the platter, it seems that the VTF is constantly changing? Is that right? Am I doing something wrong?
No, you're unfortunately right. It's my biggest bugbear with the arm. I pretty much check VTF on a daily basis, normally have to adjust at least every other day.
I'm about to install super-fine Zavfino Litz-76 tomearm wire which should minimise this tendency. But I've yet to find a foolproof way to dress the cable to fully prevent VTF going out of whack regularly.
Ok, Spirit, thanks!

But how do you calibrate? Do you take measurements at outside, middle, and inside platter positions every other day? Do you err on adjusting to a higher VTF ? 

Goes without saying, but ‘tis a design flaw.