TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66
Hmmm. Interesting. I’ve seen several reports where owners noticed a good improvement and others like you who did not. 

I said 20 MHz above but meant 10 MHz. 

Yeah I guess we’ll see. Maybe if a good sale pops up. For now it sounds great stock. I still have been leery to download latest firmware
I have the clock.  I think on complex orchestral music there is an improvement.  Not so sure on other stuff.  To me it is a crap shoot, but if the price is right, worth doing.
Anyone have a good sense about how much higher on the cost ladder one has to climb to beat the NT/505 in sound quality?

I’ve heard those who’ve owned both say PS Audio DS Sr beats it at $6.9k. 
Anything lower cost than that?
Love_that_sound wrote: I still haven't figured out how to incorporate the tunein radio function...
I have the same problem.

Here's how to use Tunein.  I use the Lumin app, but I think would work with the TEAC or Esoteric app also.  

You need to set up a Tunein account, select favorite stations, and then in the Lumin app under TEAC options, click Internet Radio Settings, provide your Tunein login info, then Update Radio Channels.  This is how I listen to Radio Paradise by the way.