Ethernet cables

I started something that I really regret now! I changed my Melco ethernet cable (from switch to streamer) to a very expensive Audioquest Vodka and hated the sound! I returned it and got a similarly priced Atlas Mavros cable which I also hated. Both stripped the life out of the music and while they were very smooth and detailed, they never really got off from sounding dull.
Then just for fun (!) i tried a cheap Cat5e cable that i had in the garage and actually preferred that to all of them, including Melco. 
Anyone had any similar experiences?

ludwig99
@c_avila1 
That's a very nice LPS. There are no wall-warts in my system. I am using an upgraded Swagman Labs LPS  with excellent results.
My router and computer are across the room and my curiosity is piqued regarding the use of an LPS on the router. As a side note, the router, all cables on this circuit have high RFI levels. I used a RF sniffer and my audio measures zero RFI. 

Have you checked for RF from the coax hookup to your modem/router? 

@lowrider57 What is the Swagman Labs LPS powering?

The RF sniffer seems like the type of gadget that would be found at RadioShack (RIP). I haven't used a RF sniffer but it would be interesting to see it's results after scanning my system. 
@c_avila1 
The Swagman is powering an iFi reclocker. I use it between my Node2i and Audio Note Dac. 

I've heard the term RF sniffer used, but it's actually a device for detecting hidden cameras and bugs. It works really well, my friend used it and found RFI hotspots. 
I feel lucky that the RF stops at my router and computer and doesn't travel through the ethernet to the system.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8GLG6N/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabt1_SeETFb7HMX7GS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Very interesting responses so far! I tried using a high qualirty mains block on my router rather than the cheap one I was using and immediately heard the difference. So and LPS may be the way to go. 
It's just a standard BT router, so now the question is whether to go for a better router first or use this router and upgrade the power supply. 
Any thoughts?
I was going to upgrade the router to a LPS as discussed above, but I just installed a  Brickwall surge/conditioner on the router. The result is an outstanding reduction of noise. It's almost like a component upgrade; faster attack, more defined leading edge of notes, recordings have more air and space.

Routers are full of noise which is passed on to your audio, I had no idea how much. I think this is will be my solution.