Distortion using Node 2i as streamer with Denafrips Pontus Dac

Hi all, has anyone had trouble with distortion when coupling a Node 2i streamer with a Denafrips Pontus Dac? 
I have tried using an optical, coax and usb connection from my iMac and after about a half hour to an hour I get distortion from both left and right speakers. 
On Alvin Chee’s recommendation I turned off the “Audio Clock Trim in the audio setting of the Node 2i but I still get the same distortion. 
I did have success being able to stream cd music from an Oppo CD player using an optical cable. 
Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any luck getting it resolved? I’ve only had the Pontus for a few weeks. Any suggestions would be helpful. 
I am thinking about trying another Node 2i to hear if I have the same problems. 
Bill
wgs57
I am sorry. Have the Bluesound Node 2i  as an input to my cable service which is connected to home router via a cat 5 cable. I stand corrected. 
You’re not going to get any improvement when you buy expensive streamer unless you’re going to use built in DAC 
you already have DAC 
I had a node 2i and felt it didn’t do any favors for the DAC I was using at the time. Really I’d get something a little better. 
Hmm, well I am trying to figure out the distortion I am getting. I don’t think it’s the Node 2i creating the issue. I am going to upgrade the firmware of the Pontus Dac and see what the results are. Alvin Chee of Vinshine is very helpful but his location is in Singapore and I am in Canada so I can’t just drop in for some help but he is offering lots of guidance over email which I will follow and provide feedback. I am sure we will get the problem resolved. 
Bill
I am thinking about upgrading the streamer but I spent my budget on the Dac which was around $2,000 CAD. I do want to keep the Node 2i for the time being until I can afford something better. A few users have same some good recommendations but I may just go with the Roon Nucleus next year.