Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
toetapaudio
Thanks for the recommendation.  Just ordered them--they are certainly a better resistor than the one I'm using (which Vinnie probably suggested since we didn't know whether it would work).  We'll see if they make a difference.  

david_ten
This is heresy!  But I'm going to try it--even the part about putting my VR on the Townsend platform, although I think it is too light for the weight load range of the platform springs.  Have to check.

When I first put the Nenuphars on the platforms I noticed a big change to the sound.  Sometimes one is lead to believe that means a change all for the better, which is obviously not always the case.  We'll see.  Thanks for passing on what you found.
@Yorkshireman, we have both the 10 inch and 8 inch available to demo at home so you can decide. In an average size room I think most people would be happy with the 8 inch. It would be interesting to hear from others that have auditioned both. AVS on YouTube recently reviewed the 8 inch version, worth checking out if you haven’t already. Their initial review was for the 10 inch. Personally I feel the 8 inch produces enough bass but you should try both to be satisfied.
To be clear Townshend produce Podiums for speakers and Platforms for equipment. The principal of springs and damper are similar but they differ dimensionally and with different spring rates. Unless your amps are a similar weight to the speakers they may not work optimally. Amps and equipment should always be on effective isolation devices anyhow and Townshend are certainly one of the better systems. The other arrangement I like are cups and rollers plus springs.

My findings with speaker isolation have always been positive. Boenicke with and without their spring bases are quite different, being more transparent with isolation. The same goes for Cube imo.
@stephendunn There are so many variables here, that it warrants an obvious caution: Your Results May (and will) Likely Vary.

I’m glad you are trying it out. Let us know how it works.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@toetapaudio Robert, I should not have used the generic word ’platform.’

!!!To clarify, the Townshend Audio product I was using with the speakers is the Seismic Isolation Podium.!!!

I also realize my Seismic Isolation Podiums are not ideal nor ideally weighted for the amps. But it is the only application I can use them for due to rack accommodation issues and cable length restrictions.

I was curious, so I went ahead with it.
Stephen, yes please let us know how the Duelands perform. If they work you might consider stabilising them by strapping/glueing them to a suitable material in the form of a platform or block incorporating a high quality amplifier terminal at one end and a flying lead terminated in a high quality spade to attach to the VR. A sort of “bullet” if you like.