Trans-Fi Terminator Tonearm: 2019 Update

In reading a few related posts on linear tracking tonearm, in general,  and Trans-Fi Terminator , in particular, I thought I would give a brief update of the Terminator.

I purchased the arm directly from Andrey in Moscow two months ago. From what I understand, Andrey has taken over production after Vic's retirement. What I received is the most up-to-date version of the arm with the carbon fibre wand and brass counterweights, the direct wire leads from cartridge to  phono amp, and a new brass manifold ( not evident from the main web-site). Both the wand and the new manifold are Andrey's contribution to the continued refinement of the Terminator.

Also,  please visit this site: https://darklanternforowen.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/terminator-tonearm-new-arm-mount/. This gentlemen from NZ has developed a new arm mount for the Terminator which advanced the arm's sonics even further. It was reading through the the development of this new arm mount that convinced me to order the Terminator after much prior research. I did not purchase the arm mount from NZ as it would not readily fit my Verdier La Platine, instead Andrey made a custom arm mount. It is in essence a two point support mount rather than a single point support rod that is commonly used. 

My previous arm was a SME V of 1990's vintage mounted with a ZYX airy. The Terminator is several notch above the SME V. All the accolades given to the Terminator seem justified. My main point in writing is that the new developments by Andrey, i.e. the carbon fibre wand and the newest brass manifold, seem to improve upon the Terminator even more ( see link above ). This is the news that I wanted to share with existing Terminator owners. I asked Andrey to start a blog on all the new stuff that is happening with the arm, but it seems that he is busy making 'things'!

ledoux1238
@dgarretson Thanks for the Fabco info. I was a bit lost  as to what to look for. Correct me if I’m wrong. It looks like a three-way valve. The turn knob is opposite to a open valve where a future Weiss gauge could be inserted, and the tubing passes through the other two holes.  
Given the addition of surge tanks, and a clear difference in pressure input, at the pump end, and output, at the manifold, I am inclined to place the gauge before the manifold as you have done. This way one reads the actual pressure going directly into the arm. 

One last question regarding the gauge. Most of the Weiss gauge I’ve  been able to find has a calibration from 0-10 PSI. As the arm is seeing pressure in the low single digits, is there a specific model gauge that you were using? @terry9 is setting his arm at 0.5 PSI at the pump end. 

@terry9  The stiffness of material was mentioned in the context of a different surge tank. Instead of using plastic barrels or PVC tubes, my friend suggested using coiled copper tubing, like radiators, as another form of air modulator. For this type of ‘surge tank’ to be effective, the tubing material has to be stiff, at least stiffer than the plastic tubing that air is traveling in. 
The only question in my mind is whether simply using long runs of plastic / silicone, i.e. soft, tubing modulates air flow. It doesn’t seem to disrupt or otherwise ‘ modulates’ the behavior of the air flow. In anycase, my total length of tubing used is probably 5 m, so l cannot test the benefits of long tube runs. It’s purely speculation on my part.
I’d like to start a different line of inquiry into the Trans Fi arm ——cartridge compatibility. For a few months now, I have been researching my next cartridge purchase. Right now a ZYX Ulitmate 100 is in service. And with all the help and input from y’ all, the arm - cartridge - phono stage is very well optimized for a entry level set up. The typical arm mass vs cartridge compliance criteria does not readily apply to a linear tracker. What do you look to in determining which cartridge will work with the Terminator? What are the best cartridges that have graced the arm? And more importantly, what have not worked so well? 
I’d appreciate any input.
I think cart weight is the major limiting factor. My 7g Straingauge works flawlessly. A mate of mine JUST manages the 15g Clearaudio Goldfinger.
I heard the DaVa field coil yesterday, and am smitten. But at 23g, never gonna happen.

I’ve been using DS Audio optical cartridges successfully for over a year now on the Terminator. They are lightweight and pair very well with Andrey’s carbon arm wand. In the past I used an Ortofon A-93 successfully.  A superheavy Dynavector XV-1S didn’t work so well.

Lately I’ve also been using the Audio Machina V8 (https://audiomachina.com/v8/) , an anti-vibrational pad slotted between the headshell and the wand. This definitely helped: better focus, greater dynamics, lower noice, greater weight to the sound.

Harold in the Barrel
I am a long time transfi owner both terminator and salvation and all mods up to Vic's retirement. I am interested in the new brass terminator but can not find Andrey's website to get any information e.g. price. Any help is appreciated,
Thanks 
Steve