Isolation Devices, Something to put on top of unit

Hello, I need to find a good device(s) /or/ method to kill the airborne vibrations that attack the top of my cd player and preamp... Basically the shelfs under the components are completly dead, you can not feel anthing coming thru the rack or the bottom of the units, its just the top plate of the unit, which is the largest and weakest surface area anyway... but again the rack is excellent, it has 3" thick maple shelfs and with full bass in the room does not show a hint of vibration. Don't get me wrong the system sounds excellent and never skips or does anything funny because of the top plates dancing to the music, but of course I would like to eliminate this.
-Should I just get some 2" solid maple blocks that fit on each unit and do it this way as this is how the shelfs are, with like a sheet of fabric inbetween or something?
-I would like to keep this situation as CHEAP as possible, again I would like the benifits but really the system performs flawlessly.

--I have a turntable in the system too, it never skiped once at full output so its good, the plater does not vibrate, just the dustcover(so I just leave it open

--Wadia CD player never has a problem but would like to put something on top. It does not get hot.

--Mcintosh Pre-amp like to put something on top, it does not get hot.

Thanks fellow audio people
matrix
Anything with substantial weight (10-20 pounds or more) will probably serve as a bandaid.
Tbg, what do you use? I'm not sure it is a bandaid, but unless someone builds a player with a 20 pound granite or wood lid in the first place, what is the fix for this accept moving the entire system into another isolated room from the one you are listening in? I would have to believe that even the Meitner or Reimyo or any of these extreme cost players are not gonna just sit on a shelf and create no vibration thru the top when you touch it.
I have had much better luck with what is under the unit than what is on top. I have tried many shelves and platforms, with the Neuance being the best buy and the Acapella being best. Then I heard the expensive Halcyonic active unit. But that is another story.

I do now know, however, that both the vibrations of the unit as well as those created from without harm the sound you get to a major degree. I just do not believe that there are easy solutions. This is why I say just try weight.
Matrix,

I will make a BOLD statement here. I have tried almost everything under the sun and have had some success and also anything but with some products. I now use these devices and will NEVER look elsewhere. Monument Reference www.monref.com is the company and they produce devices out of Brazilian Rosewood, Cocabolo, and other various tonewoods which are treated with a Violin like varnish.

They make coupling devices and mass loading devices. Call them and take them up on their 30-Day money back. You will be shocked at the musicality. You can see my system here on Audiogon as I use them under my Cary SLI-80 Signature Amp and my XA-777ES CD player. Good luck to you.

Chris
Sounds good guys, I'll take a look, yeah you can only do so much I know that, just want to do something rather than nothing you know what I mean? Thanks