Goldenear Triton One.R - can it be driven with low power tube amp?

I’m currently driving my Goldenear Triton One.R speakers with substantial monoblock solid state amps. However the Triton One.Rs have internal 1.6 kilowatt amplifiers for the lowest frequencies. So my primary amps are only driving the midrange and tweeters. Seems like overkill. Was thinking of using lower power tube amps, maybe even tube SETs. Will this work?
Has anyone done this? Comments welcomed.
cakids
Swapped the Manley Stingray into the system and did a couple of hours listening to three configurations driving the GE Triton One.Rs:
1. Stingray in Ultralinear (40 watts)
2. Stingray in Triode (20 watts)
3. Cary Audio SLP-98p Formula 1 mod with Pass Labs XA-60.5 monos, my normal set-up with the Tritons.
Listened to vinyl only. Initial impressions:
All 3 sounded excellent. Bass was identical in all 3 configs. 1 and 2 sounded slightly sweeter or more natural on voices, with 2 being slightly more pleasing.
In config 3, the sound was more evenly robust or full, but not quite as appealing/ natural on vocals.
Bottom line - low power tube amps can drive the Tritons easily, and quite nicely.
The sound quality differences, slight though they were, were probably due more to the character of tube/solid state vs the all tube integrated amp.
Hi cakids,
Thanks for posting your listening impressions. You can get dozens (Hundreds) of opinions on what will or won’t work based on this or that reason. Actually listening to the audio product in your own system is hands down the superior approach.

Given that Sandy Gross is very happy using an 8 watt SET amplifier, it isn’t completely surprising that you achieved excellent sound quality and natural tonality (A strength of good tube amps) using the Manley Sting Ray, I’m glad that you took the time to give it a try.

Very interesting and successful outcome for you in light of the challenging speaker impedance measurements provided by George. You really do have to listen as bench testing doesn’t yield the entire picture, just a partial perspective. Ironically the bass frequency region was a concern yet you report excellent bass results with both triode and Ultralinear modes of the Manley.
Charles
I now believe that almost any amps will drive the Tritons, and that the low freqs will be handled well by the internal subwoofer amp.
The ultimate sound quality can be tweaked to your liking by choosing an appropriate preamp/amplifier.
@ CAKIDS, Your speaker are now bi-amp. (SS) amp on the woofers, tube amp on the tweeters. I think it is a great way to run speakers. I am glad your happy with the sound.
Jperry, 
Knowing that Sandy Gross and cakids are both very pleased with their respective tube amplifiers driving the  G.E. Triton. I have no doubt whatsoever the Line Magnetic 805ia would sound  "great" as you mentioned.300b as driver for the 805 output tube, nice!
Charles