An EXPERIMENT for those who have never heard differences in cables

There are many here who have never heard differences in cables, I was there years ago until I read a post of someone preferring the sound of 28 awg magnet wires for speaker cables. I quickly drove out to my local Radio Shack and picked up magnet wires of various sizes (22-28 awg) to hear what it sounds like. I remember this being a fun experiment and a really cheap one that taught me a thing or two, I've gone on to experience many other cable designs over the years.

***Run two insulated magnet wire to each speaker (one for positive, one for negative) and use them in place of your existing speaker cable, the insulation on magnet wires are very thin and a little difficult to strip, sandpapering the tips may work. Connect them to the binding posts on your amp and speakers and let us know what you hear?
(Amazon also carries various sizes of magnet wires)
scar972
Here is the truth of the matter. Wires act like antennae. Length, construction, metallurgy all vary their efficiency as a TX or RX.  The change in sound heard when changing the wire has nothing to do with resistance or ability to move a coil in a magnetic field. It's all to do with the DAC.
If you have a separate DAC, all that matters for maximum transparency is to keep away RFI/EMI ... conducted or transmitted ...from the final D/A stage. Because it's here ...where the bits become volts, that you can't have any perturbation of the clocking or reference voltage. If you don't appreciate this, you are playing whack-a-mole with cables.

So, I run Audiowise (www.audiowise.ca) and sell a 90dB+ sleeve that covers any cable (power esp). When a cable is not an antenna, the DAC is less affected and sounds it best.

Everyone has their pet theory as to why cables, or in this case a DAC, makes a difference. Lots of theories with no concrete proof other than the empirical, "I can hear the difference." You’ll have to tell me how a DAC makes a difference when I’m using a turn table, all of the connections are analog, and no D/A stages are involved.
The only way some are going to hear a difference with speaker cables, is to remove them from your system, and bring them to a home where differences can be heard on that system.
All of the cable changes I’ve made were done at my house with my system, since auditioning a cable at a store with their equipment has zero relevance as the cables are not connected to my system. Other than an audio store I know no one with a system better than mine, so I cannot avail myself of someone else’s equipment.  In any case, the audible difference on someone else's system is a moot point since I don't listen to their system.

Not all systems have the transparency and careful set up to hear what should be obvious. I do not understand why this battle goes on.
That very well could be true. In my system, I’ve used a Denon POA1500 amplifier, a McIntosh 2105, and I now have a Balanced Audio VK6200. I’ve used a variety of pre-amps, and currently have a McIntosh MK123 AV/pre-amp.

Speakers have been Klipsch, JBL, Magneplanars, and currently are B&W 802 series.

So, my systems have been solid mid-fi, but maybe not to the level required to actually be able to present the difference in cables.
Phono stage needs stable voltages for the small-signal to phono(line) level conversion. A turntable dictates the timing of the output waveform and needs mechanical isolation ...similar to a DAC needing ultra low noise to ensure the output clock is stable.
You haven't addressed a DAC affecting sound from a turntable.  Mechanical isolation is a completely separate issue.  Stable voltages have to do with the quality of the circuitry associated with the turntable preamp - and that's not a DAC - at least in my system.