Is the Jolida jd 100 as good as the dealers claim?

I am looking for a tube cd player to use with a mc2500 amp,sae x1p-preamp with seperate power supply,Polk sda-srs speakers.I now have an old pioneer cd changer pdm60 sae p101 tuner.I had all this equipment stored in my house for 14 years and now that the kids are gone I have a seperate room for my equipment.It all still sounds great to me but I have to be missing something with all the upgrades in cd players since back then.I am leaning toward a tube cd player in the 1200.00 range.I have read many good things about the Jolida.Any sugestions?
rocketman4274
Ditto Boa2. My JD100 went from very good to down right sublime when I put NOS 1967 Sylvania 5751 tubes (I tried several others but liked these the best) and an MIT Z-cord II power cord on it. Night and day difference for only an extra $180. Try that with the DAC1! lol.
Hello,
I have had the Jolida JD 100 longer than anything else in my system, going on a whole year now! . Would really like to hear some A B comparisons between it and used CD players, say around $1000 + - Like maybe Meridian 588 , Arcam FMJ 23 or a Cary 308...I think I have the model #'s right. I have been wanting to upgrade but the Jolida's hard to beat for the $$$
thanks

I have owned many players in and above the Jolida price range. I settled on the Jolida with Level 1 Mods. Absolutely incredible for the money and even for much more. I was listening to it last night. Abbey Road. You could hear the sand in the maracas and the palm on the skin of the tambourine. Everything is there. If you can't hear these details on an older recording it's not the Redbook CD that's limiting your ears, it's your player. The Jolida has what it takes to bring these details out, and in a very pleasant, non-fatiguing way. In my book, you can't loose with this player plus a nice pair of tubes.
Shoe, have you considered a modified Jolida as an upgrade? It's something you might want to consider. The mods do make a difference. The Arcam FMJ 33 is very nice and the Cary 303/200 is also great player. The Cary is very neutral and open/spacious. The Arcam a little more detailed and pointed (but not too technical). To my ear, the Jolida is warmer than both of these, while still remaining detailed. The Arcam has the tightest bass of all three and the Cary has the most neutral sounding, but the Jolida is the most emotional of the three and for me was the winner.