Interesting Fed Ex encounter...

So I was offered to do a little review on some Fritz Carreras last month and it was time to send them back.  I’m stuck at home with a broken leg so Fritz was kind enough to have Fed Ex pick them up at my home.  So, I had them all boxed up and ready to go on Tuesday. Fed Ex comes to the door and I have him come in and grab the box (he did not know what was in the box, just a plain u haul box).  I didn’t even think to ask if I had to sign or if I could get a receipt (mistake on my part no doubt).  Just me snapping a pic or taking a video would have been smart.  Fast forward to today (Friday) and apparently Fed Ex says they came on Tuesday, no one was home, so they came back Wednesday; no one home again so they cancelled the pick up.    Interestingly, fed ex did come back Wednesday and Mom answers the door and informs the Fed Ex gentleman that the package was picked up Tuesday.  The gentleman responds “hmmm, I was off Tuesday”.  
So as of today, Fed Ex apparently has no record of anything being picked up.  Well crap, I’m freaking out, Fritz is concerned obviously and I’m at a loss.  So I start texting all my neighbors to see if anyone has something on camera and sure enough, my neighbor 2 doors down has time stamped video of fed ex pulling up, coming to my door and then struggling to carry the large, 65 pound box back to his truck...  

My neighbor forwarded me the video which I forwarded to Fritz...

My advice is to not let this happen to you and mg question is where do I go from here?

What a mess!
128x128b_limo
Post removed 
Just so people know, FedEx does not have "insurance". They are self-insured for the small amounts (small like several thousand). I learned all of this when FedEx destroyed an amp and then refused to pay the damages. UPS is no different. It is an "illusion". You pay for them to cover the costs of repair or replacement but to them it comes out of their pocket so be prepared to have your claim denied. I was inches away from taking FedEx to my small claims court when they finally settled. And even if FedEx packs your item it is still no guarantee that they will cover the claim. So, overpack, double box, take photos of everything, and like the story here (or at least the start) keep copies of everything. Do not ship without a tracking number, and frankly, I ship nothing anymore without a signature required upon delivery. As one gentleman posted, no one takes responsibility for anything anymore so it is on the shipper to make sure that he or she is over-prepared, and overpacked whatever it is they are or have shipped (or shipping)
I recently shipped a $40,000 preamp thru Fed Ex freight.  It was a home pickup and they lost it within 24 hours.  It went to the terminal where I live, was scanned in and scanned out the next day. It never arrived at the next destination.  After 3 days of angst, ignored phone calls and general indifference I put it to them clearly.  Either you still have the shipping container and have not found it yet, or somebody stole it.  That is grand larceny.  If you don’t find this within 12 hours, I will demand that the Fed Ex office of security and loss prevention open a theft investigation to determine if you still have it or if it was stolen.  They found it within an hour.
I had this situation with UPS last December; Our pick up and delivery man came while I was at the shop. He scanned three packages with his hand held gadget. I helped him by carrying out the $1200.00 preamp. Off he went. We use the old "book" system. This is a book given to us by UPS where we fill out a page with the appropriate information. I emailed the tracking number to the buyer of the preamp. The next day he emailed be saying that the tracking number was not good. It turned out that SOMEONE in the UPS chain failed to scan the package! According to UPS customer service phone "IF it's in their system, it will scan at a hub and show up in the system at that point". They were correct. HOWEVER none of the information I entered like VALUE or SIGNATURE REQUIRED were in the system. IF it was damaged, I would receive $100.00 default value.
I received notice online that the package was dropped off at the buyers apartment door! I started emailing the buyer for confirmation that he received it. Two hours later the buyer replied that he had it and it was not damaged. I breathed a sigh of relief. WITH FED EX YOU MAY NOT FAIR AS WELL. They are the most miserable people to deal with over the phone. Keep us posted. Joe

I agree