Best Male Singers of the 20th Century

There is an interesting current discussion about the best female vocalists on CD. I have my own ideas about the best male singers (any category) of the 20th Century, but would like to hear other opinions.
sdcampbell
Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan. After all, they won a Grammy as "Best new artist" in their day. Along the same lines, Eddie Money, Andrew Ridgeley and Falco. Freddy Mercury gets posthumous honorable mention for best overbite. William Shatner hands down for dramatic interpretation. Whoops, sorry...wrong thread.
Err..., Some of the choices for best of the twentieth century are pretty shocking! Eddie Money? John Fogarty? Let's see. Elvis Presley and Bob Dylan were picked by separate people just on their record sales and popularity alone! If you are going to go with picks like these, I will have to go with my all-time greats like Michael Franks, John Denver, Neil Sedaka, Ricky Nelson, Neil Diamond, B.J. Thomas, Barry Manilow and the Monkees. I desperately wanted to pick Kenny G, but then again, he doesn't sing, does he? On second thought, the Monkees probably didn't either.
A couple of singers come to mind, Paul Rodgers of Free and Tim Rose. While probably not the greatest I would also nominate Nick Drake.
Rayhall - my "nominees" were intended in jest. Rob and Fab were Milli Vanilli, and Eddie Mahoney (aka Money) was...well, best appreciated on a set of Bose 501's.