MC Cartridge: Elliptical; around 0.5mv; track 1.25-1.75; Affordable

MC Cartridge: Elliptical; around 0.5mv; track 1.25-1.75; Affordable

Sadly, MC world, advance stylus shapes are very pricey. 
Many affordable MC have conical tips, and heavy tracking, so I think elliptical may be best
Cambridge Duo wants input 0.3mv to 1.0mv max, so I am using around 0.5mv as a goal

anybody have good or bad to say about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIO-TECHNICA-SIGNET-MK66E-MC-MOVING-COIL-CARTRIDGE-MKN66E-MC-STYLUS-CASE/164256063552  

suggestions?

thanks, Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
OP, 
Do you absolutely need a dual-input phono stage? If so, you can also look into the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2; otherwise, the Tube Box DS. 
As an ex owner of the Denon au320 sut I can attest to it being superb bang for the buck.
I actually used to use it as my "dual input" for my single input phono as it has pass through ability for mm carts.
So I had two TT connect to it at same time,one MC, one mm.
Victor TT 81 and TT 71.
audite84

thanks, great find.  I no longer need a dual switchable unit, but I might in the future, and their single unit is an option.

that is a very well put together phono preamp with full range of loading adjustments from front controls, and optional wood sides.

https://www.audiolab.com/pro-ject-tube-box-ds2-tube-phono-preamplifier/?sku=PROTUBEBOXDS2SW&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl4v4BRDaARIsAFjATPlU_CXehkFukyUKH6KcQoCFCbG91R2hMTF0kQ9Mi4lUR12jgGzgcYkaAocsEALw_wcB

uberwaltz

that is a clever way to use it.

what range signal strength input is this Denon au320 compatible with?

If I go MC, main system, I will

either

need to boost just enough to go into McIntosh mx110z phono stage which I, and Bill think is wonderful. So, a SUT's range is important to learn about also.

or

separate phono stage for full boost/equalize and go into Cayin or Chase  line In.

Bill, uber, others

SUT's, 

using these, it is just a signal strength boost, eq/volume control happens in my mx110z phono input, 

does it mean, if noise avoided, SUT boost does not effect sound, it's the eq and further signal boost of the preamp that effects the sound?

or, do SUT's color the sound also?