Singular Amplification Experience; Review Now Published

Well, at at least the first of 3 segments is published at Dagogo.com 

The Pass Labs XA200.8 Mono Block Amplifier; super-amps exist, and it's shocking, when they throw their weight around, how much they sway a system. 

douglas_schroeder
High end audio is like art......no one sees it the same. Quarter mile drag racing is a science. There are only 6 factors that get you down the quarter mile the fastest and quickest:.....weight, drag, traction, horsepower and gearing.....and then there is the driver. That is it. In subjective audio hot rodding there is an infinite number of things that change the sound. This is why no audiophile does their system like anyone else. It is an individual sport. "What I like to hear and what I think makes a difference to what I want to hear and experience....is what I want/believe and do." Some people who experiment a lot and are perfectionists know that everything you do makes a difference.....including amp stands. But who says you have to play there? No one.....we are all doing our own dance. Look at the dragsters......they are almost identical....because everyone knows its just those 5 factors and the driver. There is an infinite number of changes you can do to an audio system that are not measurable....not at all.....but you can hear them. This is one reason why most audiophiles limit their intake of info and things to try. You either have to be seriously rich or want to fool around all the time and try everything (which is impossible, anyway).

Please read Jason Serinus’s review in Stereophile for another opinion:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/pass-laboratories-xa2008-monoblock-power-amplifier

The dance is infinite....just like life. Enjoy the dance.
Post removed 

douglas_schroeder OP
twoleftears, not to worry, I think things will even out over time. If people learn to put their hard earned money into the actual electronics that make the sound, that’s a good thing. It’s a whole lot better than me gushing over some ridiculously expensive amp stands for inconsequential electronics, don’t you think?

>>>>>First, no one said you have to gush over ridiculously expensive amp stands. We’re actually not even talking about amp stands, much less ridiculously expensive ones. If you’re happy with the “pure sound” of your ridiculously expensive amps without benefit of isolation more power to you. It’s actually not (rpt not) true that amps make the sound, the SYSTEM makes the sound. It’s the concept of isolation. A system engineer’s system will ALWAYS sound better than an electronics engineer’s system. 🤗 That’s why I am saying you’re an anti isolationist. 
select_hifi
I also use DH Super Cones and Squares under all my components and can say they have built on the strengths of the Podiums. The music is completely free from the Speakers, holographic very musical with effortless dynamics.

>>>>Another example of physics at work, extremely hard materials like DH (Diamond Hardness) ceramic cones ALWAYS SOUND better than softer materials like brass, aluminum and carbon fiber. Back when I was a dealer for DH Cones I had a great number of them and other sizes too, and the DH Squares, maybe 50, in my room. There are many uses for them, some of which are perhaps beyond scope of this discussion. 😬
I am drawing up a plan to do comparison of the following in combination:

Two identical systems, one with selected elements featuring burn in, warm up, support, isolation devices, and cable "settling" vs. the other with selected elements featuring none of them. It will be similar in methodology to my previous work in the article "Audiophile Law: Thou Shalt Not Overemphasize Burn In".