Headphone amp + DAC + Volume + ROON READY

I am loving my newly purchased headphones so much now that I am thinking of getting a second amp to use in my bedroom.

I am currently using a Benchmark HPA4 + Benchmark DAC3B + Sonore microRendu + Meze Empy.

I was thinking a Benchmark DAC2 DX would sound good, but already have a DAC3B and the Benchmarks are not ROOD READY. So I am curious if there is any other small box solutions that has a headphone amp with XLR headphone output, a DAC with volume control that is also ROON READY. It does not have to sound good as the HPA4, I want convenience and small form factor as the most important requirements.

This does not require analog inputs. I am thinking all digital for the bedroom. I guess the ROON READY has to be accomplished my RJ45 Ethernet or WIFI.
yyzsantabarbara
Great to hear that you like the opticalRendu package. When I get the Chord Hugo TT2 for the bedroom I will pair it with my existing microRendu streamer. I will get the same opticalRendu package as you for my existing Benchmark DAC3B in the office rig. Looking forward to lying on my bed and listening to tunes at this level of quality.

Yesterday, I bought a new headphone cable for the Empy. It is the Wywire Platinum. It is copper with some graphene. I got a lot of positive reinforcement to buy it from Empy owners on a Head-fi forum, especially now that they have a 40% off sale. So cost with tax and delivery was $400. It is supposed to have more detail than the stock Empy cable and other positive attributes.

I will say again how amazing the Empy is. It is getting even better after 200 hours. It is the most non-fatiguing headphone I have ever heard. Just cannot praise it enough. This with the stock cable.

I have also been doing a comparison of some new Benchmark StarQuad XLR’s. Benchmark calls them professional grade cables (vs consumer grade). At first I was not that impressed compared to the much more expensive Audience Au24e XLR’s I was using. However, after about 100 hours these cables maybe good. I need to do some flipping back and forth with the Audience, but I do like these StarQuads now. Not sure which is better yet. Though the StarQuad cost $200 for 1 foot and 15 feet pairs. The Audience was over a $1000+ for 1 foot and 9 feet.
I just saw a review for this DAC + Streamer + ROON READY, under 1K from Germany.

https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/digital/lindemann-limetree-network-streamer-and-dac/

Easier on the wallet than the Chord for 5K. I am going to look closer on this one.
Gold Note's DS-10 is a DAC/Roon ready streamer/preamp/single ended headphone amp in a small chassis. Available in black, silver, or gold finishes, and has an upgrade path to an external power supply should you decide you want it.

Review in Mono & Stereo. Review in Positive Feedback.

Cheers,
Colin

disclaimer: I'm a Gold Note dealer. Please take this recommendation with the appropriate amount of salt.
https://gestalt.audio
@gestalt Well this does support all the features I was asking about. Looks like a excellent unit. Thanks.
@gestalt After some more reading on the Gold Note DS-10 it seems like a very interesting unit, especially the ‘Chameleon’ DAC part of it. Gives me some idea of also using this unit with my KEF LS50 speakers and some funky new amp tech such as GAN or Purifi.

I was just thinking headphone amp and now I am already thinking about spending more. Not good.