Dynaudio Confidence C1 and Vivid V1.5

Has anyone auditioned both the Dynaudio Confidence C1 and Vivid V1.5 speakers? Any thoughts?
handsomeck
You have great taste two of the worlds highest performing compact speakers!

Here is the tale of the tape:

Vivid is a much more advanced design with a whole host of innovative techniques which eliminate any cabinet colorations,

Vivid uses identical materials for both drivers which offers a fantastic degree of coherence and makes the speaker sound very seem less.

Vivid is almost 4db efficient and works well with small amplifiers.

The Vivid is a faster more transparent speaker.

The Dynaudio does have a slightly creamier midrange, both speakers through an enormous sound stage, both speakers have deep tight tuneful bass.

In my opinion the Vivid is the new reigning champ in compact loudspeaker design, once you hear a pair you will be hooked, in some ways these little speakers can be compared to the most expensive reference speakers around.

The only caveat is the look, which is controversial personally I think they look stunning in person but it does take time to embrace their ovoid look.

Lawrence Dickie is one of the true geniuses of loudspeaker design and the Vivid is a masterpiece.
Thanks for your response. It was what I expected to hear. I am a jazz lover and thus might still opt for the creamy midrange. And as you note, I'm not sure I can get used to the look of the Vivids. The c1s in Cherry with the silver stands will look great. Having said that, I may still audition the Vivids. If I am totally blown away, I may change my mind. I'm thinking of pairing the speakers with the Naim 200/202 separates and Naim cd5xs. Thanks again.
Readers need to be aware that audiofreakgeek is a Vivid dealer and has a financial interest in all of his recommendations.

His comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

IMO