How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
75 % used, mostly purchased here at Audiogon because i feel that the guy selling gear here is passionate about the hobby and would probably take better care than an EBay seller. IMHO
Just finished piecing together my first 2 channel system and was super aggressive with negotiating prices for used things and getting a good deal. 
Pair B&W CM9 S2 - $600 (some scratches in cabinets but drivers and are pristine and sound quality is unaffected - was bound to happen anyway with toddlers in the house. Yesterday I came home to paw patrol stickers covering the “booboos” on the cabinets)
McIntosh 2205 - $1,500 (in mint condition from original owner, stored in original box for last 20 years, an incredible find!)
2 X 15ft. 12 AWG Sewell cables off Amazon -  $58

Currently just using iPad Pro 1/4” headphone jack into phono input on the amp. In all, I cannot believe how powerful and clear this combo is. After finding these deals it’s going to feel like massively diminishing returns if I ever buy high-end new equipment. I’m sure I will someday, but not until I’m settled in a forever house and kids are further along! 

I do..as long as the seller provides multiple angles of the products and honest about the defects. I also have to check the feedback left for the seller all this time.
Ninety percent new from 1966 until 2000.  Ninety percent used since then.  Began with Heathkits, then Luxman in 2-channel systems.  Went digital HT for about five years in late 1990s, then back to 2-channel analog systems with used Luxman and McIntosh.  Almost all speakers bought used, except for two pairs JBL DD67000 bought in the last four years.  Still have tons of stuff that I never bothered to sell when I “moved up”.  Currently have nine systems set up inside and outside house (we’re isolated in oak forest in Texas Hill Country with no neighbors to disturb), all linked w/ Bluesound.
hi there, I’m new to audiogon but not new to high-fi. I often buy ‘preowned’ gear. Some of my equipment is no longer manufactured, some is custom made,so I have no choice. Lots of super great deals for high end stuff, mint condition with boxes-like my VTL MB450’s..however after using them for a month they completely stopped working, blew a tube and needed to be biased. I paid $3200 cash local pickup, and another $650 in repairs. My point is if you buy used gear, be prepared to put extra money in it, for replacing tubes, caps, etc.. I still came out saving around 80% , however time is another issue, if you don’t have time to tweeK used gear then buy new. Be careful buying used cables, lots of fakes from China.

Also note that some manufacturers rebrand the same item with different cosmetics, however the schematics are pretty much the same.
there are some people that buy vintage gear and love the sound, but it may have worn caps and be a little noisy. They take and get it re-capped and then don’t like the new sound. My theory is if it’s not broken not working, leave it alone. There’s a reason why it sounds that way..

I’ve also had good deals buying floor/demo models. Demos and used gear is also broken in. Try to know who you are buying from and if they give any guarantees. My setup would probably retail for $300k, which I could not afford. But buying preowned, and custom gear I’ve saved a few hundred thousand. Good luck!