Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
Your herzan cant move fast enough to remove all vibration - its superficial.
Quick....we need to advise all those scientists looking through electron microscopes sitting on Herzan stands....🤣

ISOLATION 'OFF'

ISOLATION 'ON'
Halcro.
Quite a number of people have reported on the efficacy of the Herzan stands and their equivalents.
Out of curiosity what do the three graphs, V, H1 & H2 represent? Velocity and frequency?

How does the stand reduce self noise in the TT structure itself?
@richardkrebs 
The V stands for 'Vertical Vibrations' (Up and Down)
H1 stands for 'Horizontal Vibrations in One Plane' (Side to Side)
H2 stand for 'Horizontal Vibrations in the Other Plane (Side to Side).
Therefore providing Vibration Isolation in the Six Degrees of Freedom.
The vibration isolation performance for both platforms is made possible by its unique technology, consisting of piezoelectric sensors, actuators, and control electronics. These carefully engineered components (Made in Switzerland) allow the platforms to dynamically respond to vibrations in the environment, enabling sub-hertz vibration isolation (starting at 0.5 Hz) in all six degrees of freedom.
How does the stand reduce self noise in the TT structure itself?
I don't believe it can......
In WTB Forum....there are several interesting Threads which appear to show that Active Isolation Stands may have problems with the 'self-noise' or 'self-vibrations' of Belt-Drive or Idler-Drive Turntables.
Direct-Drive Turntables appear to have no problems with self-noise or movement generation.
Cool
How much weight can the Herzan carry?
Cost?

Self noise generated by the action of playing a record.
What do we do with this energy?
Sink it, dissipate it in the TT structure, both. 
Cheers