Most recordings you own by a single artist, group, or composer

I went and purchased two more John Coltrane CD’s, "Blue Train" and "Traneing In", in spite of, relative to other artists, having way too many of his albums already. I do love his music and just now counted having forty-eight of his albums, not even including the ones he recorded with Miles Davis.

Is there anyone else out there at least equally nutty, or has more recordings by any single artist, band or composer? If so, who do you like, and how many of their albums have you collected and play? Miles Davis at thirty-three records and CD’s, comes in a not too distant second in my collection.

Hopefully this topic hasn’t been broached before here.

Mike
skyscraper
Wfw, you’re right about there "never being enough Duke" Just played his first LP, "Masterpieces" from maybe 1950 or so, this evening. Wish I had your collection of fifty. rather than only three.

Gyelsten, that is an amazing number of Sun Ra albums. I’ve been trying to expand the range of jazz artists I’ve recordings from and Sun Ra is on the list. Could you recommend a couple of your favorites to try. Thanks.

Syntax, you’ve thoroughly disgraced yourself with your lack of obsessiveness, except if you only own four albums. To be fair I’ve only one Elvis myself, the Sun Sessions.

Jkf011, I’ve some XTC and multitudes of Pink Floyd, but never heard of the Proclaimers. Have to look them up tomorrow as you obviously have good taste.

Mike

llg98ljk
4 posts
05-02-2020 9:29pm
"Three pages of comments and not one fan of Alison Krauss and Union Station?"

She/they are fabulous, but I think of her as Music Video, as their concerts are sooo well filmed/recorded,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000A02WW/ref=tmm_dvd_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1588518461&sr=1-1

I put the DVD on before going to my CD's.
When I stopped buying CD's, I started buying Music DVDs

#1 favorite is Sophie Milman, Montreal, holy smoke is it good!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Sophie-Milman-Live-Montreal/dp/B001EGG5RG

I do very well buying used DVD's, LP's, R2R tapes, Books on Amazon, other places. I put them in a nice binder with the paper label/info, throw the hard case away.

did anyone mention Tony Bennett? I have CD's but even better, a lot of Tony R2R, saw him live around 6 times, when he could still fill Radio City with his voice without a mic. I think those days are over.
I collect mostly live recordings. Jazz and Funk the studio recordings.

Phish - 390 all FLAC.
Steve Kimock - 78
Widespread Panic - 188
String Cheese Incident - 79
Miles Davis - 15
Stevie Wonder - everything pre 1977
Roy Ayers - everything
Grant Green - everything (favorite is live at the lighthouse)
Moe.- 40
Railroad Earth - 80

Among others...