Maker Audio NL14 and NL14+...

I would be grateful to hear any listening impressions from those of you who will be lucky enough to hear the NL14+ amps at CES or who have heard them previously. In particular if you already own an NL 10.1 or NL 12.1 and hear the 14s and are thinking of upgrading, please let me know as well. Thank you!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Hi Zephyr, I am the very happy owner of 2 NL14+ monoblocks amplifiers purchased directly from Maker Audio. They are stunning amps!!! They are just the best amps I've ever heard in my life. Tom Maker the designer told me that he compares directly the NL14+ to the Edge Signature One.2 monoblocks at just slightly less than $40k less than the current Sig one.2 retail!!! The NL14+ have many improvements compared to the old NL designs, much more capacitance (272 000 uf), more efficiency transformers, a line conditioner built into the 2 chassis, laser bias upgraded too, transformers are 4X1250 VA, 2500 VA by block! Power provides 2 X 325 W under 8 Ohms! All the improvements provides much more control than before and I can tell you the NL14+ couple amps outperforms all the amps I have already listened in my life included the NL12.1 and many others much more expensive audio amplifiers. Every music moment with these amps is a musical magic moment. I can hear so much things never heard before.... The improvement in my audio system with the NL14+ is such that I think I have change my Eggleston Rosa loudspeakers!!!!And they are so musicals!!!I can hear each instrument from a jazz or rock or classical music band without any stress or confusion, all is open, relax and dynamic if the signal needs to....
With the NL14+, I can also hear very easily each note from beginning to end and I can better understand where the musicians wants us to go with them. Whaoo!!!, the bandwidth seems to be infinite with the NL14+, the bass extension and control are stunning, the medium and treble are just so beautiful,true and precise....At their price $12500, I think they are a amazing opportunity to get exceptionnal high end amps! My opinion is that the NL14+ are my definitive amps!!!
Hope this helps you.
Manodyo

Greetings...thank you for all the feedback and the comparison to the NL 12.1 (I have owned 2 and still have one of them...). I heard the same things from Tom and could feel that the NL 14+ are a definite improvement over amps that I am already very familiar with (the Signature monos). He also makes an NL 14 stereo amp version which is comparable from what I've heard. I am planning on trying the NL14+ version later this year and may (depending upon finances, space available, matching powercords, etc...) wind up with at least the NL14 and hopefully the NL14+.

If your are planning on staying with EW speakers, have you heard the Andra IIIs or the Savoy? They are tremendous speakers. If not, what are you considering for your next speaker? Given what the NLs are capable off, you have many choices for dynamic, musical and involving speakers.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Hello, I am planning on staying with my EW Rosa speakers for at least one or two years but perhaps after going on the Andra III.... A friend of mine has the Andra III and I confirm they are really tremendous speakers whithout any doubt, but for the Savoy model I think my current living room is unfortunetly too little for this model...
I hope you will arrive to finance the NL14+, you will be happy for many years with these new fabulous amps designs from Tom!!!
Best regards