Recording Chord MScaler Output

Is it theoretically possible to have the MScaler upsample all of your favorite tunes, and save them to your computer, in the new upscaled format? Dosent sound like it would be to hard to do, but I'm not amazing with computer software. Such possibilites with this, from demoing already upscaled songs(provided by Chord), to selling them upscaled for people who cant afford the MScaler. Just a thought, I'm not quite convinced enough to buy one. 
akwilson501
As I understand it, the MScaler is a hardware solution with an output on a pair of coax connectors to pair with Chord devices to get the full benefit of 1MTaps and the Rob Watts IP filters... I really can’t imagine a device that would take the data that is output from that pair of coax connectors on an MScaler and write it to a file...  And if there was such a device, I doubt that playback on anything other than a Chord DAC would sound the same...

If you use Roon, try HQPlayer, I hear it gets pretty close to the 1MTaps...

Or, try and write it yourself ;^) See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QhJo_Rh8sQsItFvJ1g-MnNlg9pBR6oja/view
I think it would be some form of computer hardware to do this, not a device per se. Yes, ideally a Chord DAC would be ideal. I myself have a Qutest, so this would not be a problem for me particularly. I do agree that ideally you have a Chord DAC to pair with an MScaler, but have read other dacs sound great with it feeding them aswell(not the full upsample). Since the MScaler does the upscaling digitally, you would think it would be easy enough to save that new digital information, as a Hi-Res file on your computer. I have tried HQPlayer and I’m not a fan of upsampling in it. I’m not sure if I’m a fan of upsampling at all. Would like to test it some with the MScaler doing the job. Just not enough to pay for one. I do know this software does not currently exist, to my knowledge atleast. Was more curious on if it could exist, and what all it would take.
The link I provided above gives the basics of what needs to be done... A perfect or infinite sinc function does the heavy lifting... You could start with a OpenSource program that already does audio format conversion and filtering like SoX... Add a little hacking sinc function and there you go... I wouldn’t be surprised if someone hasn’t already done this...

Again, HQPlayer can do the 1MTaps and filters that approximates what an MScaler does...

The Qutest does a WTA1 16FS filter 49,152 taps and upsamples internally so no need for you to... Actually, the designer, Rob Watts, suggests not to upsample for any of the Chord DACs...
Additionally..  Rob Watts said: "For Hugo 2/Qutest the signal path is:

1FS to 8FS input > 16FS WTA1 filter (49,152 taps) > 256FS WTA 2 filter > 3rd order 2048 FS filter > pulse array noise shaper at 104 MHz > analogue

When an M scaler is connected, the WTA1 filter is not used, and it is passed through to the 256 FS WTA 2 filter."

I suspect that anything that approximates an MScaler in software would not splice into the above internal signal chain the way the MScaler does and might not sound the same...
akwilson501,
I love your idea, and it seems technically possible.  And if you did it once, why not a second or third time, each time using that upscaled file as your new starting point.  But maybe the files would be massive and use up too much memory.   You should check the M-Scaler page on Head-Fi...   Rob Watts responds to inquiries there...
Dave