When Did Your System Disappear?

As we upgrade our audio systems, things (hopefully) keep sounding better and better. I have found that after a certain point, the system completely disappears. It’s no longer a pair of speakers, amps, preamps, sources, etc. Music is created out of thin air floating between and behind the speakers with little to no colorations in the sound. The regular audio verbiage can be thrown out the window because all you hear is the recording. If something is bright or harsh or bass heavy, it’s the recording not your system.
I noticed this when I modified my source and preamp to accept better power supplies. Using a combination of linear power supplies and large SLA batteries took my system to a new level where the equipment just disappears. Of course, this wasn’t the only thing that helped. Up to that point, every component has been experimented on to achieve a high degree of synergy. Interconnects, power cables, speaker cables, etc. all play a role too. Everything matters. 

My question to you all is when did this happen in your system? Did it develop slowly over time or was there a definite change that occurred with a certain upgrade?
128x128mkgus
After my divorce....only kidding. I am still  a work in progress but moving forward with my mid hifi rig.My next step is upgrading my integrated amplifier to get the most out of my Yamaha CD-S2100 player, which I am  pretty darn happy with. The DAC is quite  good too.
When sold my mb6 scansonic and replaced them with  Von Schweikert ENDEAVOR E-3 MkII 

I'm happy to not have anything heavy that I have to lift or shuffle around anymore, although I do still have a Lexicon amp which I would like to get rid of. The 75 pound ATI amp is gone, the Bryston monos are gone, the KEF ref 3's are gone, the NAD silver preamp is gone as is the Anthem preamp and a set of B&W bookshelf speakers. 
Now I have SONOS in 8 rooms consisting of a pair of delightful Moves, three old amps driving a set of KEF LS-50s in Studio A, an old set of DCM's in the master bath, and a pair of B&W bookshelves in the wife's office, a pair or 5's in the kitchen, another pair of LS-50's in the master driven by a new amp and a Martin Logan sub, a Port in the den running into the Lexicon driving a pair of old B&W bookshelves and a couple of REL subs, and a beam and sub and pair of 1's in the wife's bedroom. There's about 10 grand in wires wherever wires are required. I move the Moves to wherever I want music such as fill-in in the kitchen, the garage , Studio B or Studio X. I can control everything easily with any device that I have in front of me, and I have music everywhere. I even ran the Moves on a recent video shoot on the street. Check out one of my Insta pages @discoballguy. So the next time you ask about disappearances, look no further than toward me, the Invisible Man- or am I?
Yes the house had some dark secrets alright!

1. First day there I removed the carpet in the master bedroom which extended into the closet. There was a file cabinet bolted into the floor. It was a heavy file cabinet and the estate had left keys for me. But to get to the bolts I had to remove the lower drawer but decided I would first look for potential ‘treasure’ underneath the drawer. I reached in and felt a cloth sack. It was heavy...like a gun.
I opened the sack and found a perfect...I mean exquisite German Luger. It looked like it had never been used. I don’t like or own guns...but damn this thing was special and impressive. There were ammo cartridges and a large container of loose change. I called my real estate agent and returned the gun to the estate. A year later when I told the story to my girlfriend, she immediate accused them of being Nazis.
2. The next week after finding the gun, I set up the stereo. I sat in the living room listening on a low lounge chair and looked at the kitchen to see that there was a 1/4” x 3” slot in the base moulding of a cabinet. I went to the kitchen and saw that the slotted moulding extended to the corner of the cabinet. At the corner of the moulding was a ring pull. I pulled the ring and the entire corner with slot neatly slid off...allowing a tiny spring-hinged door to immediately flip down. This door had a small mirror glued to its back that now reflected two LED lights pulsing from inside the kitchen cabinet. I opened the cabinet doors and removed the shelf paper to find another compartment. Inside was a motion detector. The kitchen cabinet lined up with the doorway to the hall which led to all the bedrooms. If an intruder broke the beam...an alarm would activate.

3.My girlfriend did not like the wallpaper in the bedroom. So we hired a company to remove all the wallpaper in the house. After an hour or two, I decided check in on the progress. The guy taking the wallpaper down looked at me a little sheepishly. Behind him and across 4 of the walls were Nazi swastikas and strange runes or symbols. They were written in white primer. They had used primer to treat the walls surfaces where the wallpaper seams met and used the excess to paint runes and swastikas.

Years later I learned from my next door neighbor that my house was the middle of the 3 homes occupied by German families. He had stumbled onto bomb shelter while gardening in his back yard. The concrete ceiling was 4’ thick. It had a fold down mattress and an air pump for oxygen. 
The husband was actually a rocket scientist who worked for Rocketdyne. He probably left Germany after the war. He had done some other interesting things to the house. But It was a fortress. I got locked out once. It took a once cocky locksmith almost 2 hours to get me back in.