Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
Yep. "B, The Magpie" is a masterpiece.
Use of woodwinds on that lp is totally unique and , I’d say, anti-US jazz. Finnish Broadcasting Co. voted it best Finnish lp of the year in ’75.
Pekka’s first lp is even better.

Pekka was in Jussi & the Boys, Wigwam and for a while in the Swede group, Made in Sweden.
Humor & sadness are a part of his composition.

Post removed 
Indeed, anti-US in everything I´d say. That´s why Pohjola rejected Zappa. Sadness is part of human life but I find Bialoipokku´s simple life quite happy and above all, free : ) The woodwinds echoe the life in large forests of the North.
Piirpauke´s two first albums from 1975 and 1976 are other etcnic jazz fusion masterpieces, just listen to "Konevitsan kirkonkellot"... It was the incredibly versatile 70´s.
Wots going on here?

That's twice now that I posted on Don Shinn and twice that my post has been removed!
EYE - CENTER OF THE SUN    (2015???)

Quite good cd.

The title track starts off with a shitload of spacey whoosh,etc sound effects (but recorded poorly cos no panning as in the origional krautrock days with the artificial head). The rumbling riff from the first track off Floyd's "Meddle" lp is taken down pretty-well note-for-note. The last minute of the track reminds of Bauhaus "Bela Lugosi's Dead"!

The lyrics are cosmic - vast spaces, the sun...

Vocals elsewhere seem to be coming from something like More Soundtrack also its clear they were influenced by side 3 & 4 of "Ummagumma".