Schiit Yggdrasil A1 versus A2 Upgrade

Anyone have an Yggdrasil A1 that they have owned and then upgraded to the A2 version? I currently have an A1 that I have owned for a couple of months. I bought it from the original owner so I know all its history. Its fully broken and been constantly kept on. Initially I found that leaving the Yggy off between listening sessions simply make it sound horrible. It needs to be at working temperature all the time.
Upon extensive listening to digital sources and comparison to vinyl and RTR the Yggy simply doesnt come close. Lacks dynamics, bass!!!. 3D space, lacks punch and power. It sounds like a compressor is attached to it. It has lots of detail and a rather balanced sound to it but thats about it, I dont see what is so great about it. Its lifeless, has no sparkle, it doesnt come out and grab your senses. its boring.
I sort of feel I am at a point of selling or upgrading. Heard so many good things but now that i have it Im not sure an upgrade will fix all the Schiit that Schiit screwed up on in the first design. Its also annoying paying for upgrades that essentially are design flaws.
I was hoping some of you members had done the upgrade to A2 and had some A1 to A2 experience you would like to share.
dcrec
Post removed 
Thanks, I was hearing different things like the bass improved notably in A2, and other aspects. This is a real trickster. I have read so many similar and different opinions about the A1 and A2 but not many from both A1 to A2 owners.

My Yggdrasil sounds nothing like you describe. It’s a very fine sounding DAC. Very lively and dynamic, with good bass. 

I had an original A1, and then upgraded to A2. Both sounding similar, but the A2 is more refined. The bass is not significantly different between the two.

Perhaps the  DAC might not match up well with your amplifier? I see you’re going straight from the DAC into your amp. Have you tried an active preamp?

Post removed 
The amp mates up very well with everything I have put to it directly. And yes it has the volume control option. It is also heavily modded with the best parts. In fact I had an Ayre K-1XE preamp before, it was more transparent and better sounding without the Ayre. I have tried lots of combos. Had lots of gear, and lots of experience building and repairing electronics. 
I have Martin Logan Monolith 3 speakers, they have no problem with electrostatics, 8 watts is pretty loud. My TTW Gem 2 turntable, ZYX Fuji Gold cartridge, Manley Chinook phono pre combo direct to amp sound really good and have much more bass and mids even at low volumes where the Yggy I find is very weak. You have to really play the Yggy loud to feel like the bass is going to low powerful levels.