Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
Yes, but not the model number.. It was a very early (maybe 1st generation) Sony. I'm only posting to say I gave it to one of my brothers who is still using it today- it has never, not once, needed to be serviced. He tells me the door is slow to open and close, but still works fine (I imagine the sonics are another story)
My player was bought in about 1985 -- some pioneer for about 300.00 +/-. First cd was Stevie Wonder recorded fully digitally, it was the disc with the song part time lover. Man, I thought it was the coolest thing...
I believe it was the first 4x sampling CD player made. About 1982. I remember the 1st Phillips, Sony, and Phase Linear were the only players in existance when I bought it.
Nakamichi OMS 7, still have it but of course it doesn't work. It worked flawlessly for 13 years and started skipping one day. Sound wasn't too bad with 16X oversampling. Went back to vinyl though and occasionally listen to redbooks on a Sony XA20 ES
In 1983 or so, I bought an early Philips unit followed by a Sony Discman in 1984 (that one was really ghastly!). The first good sounding player was a Tandberg 3015 I picked up in 1985, to the best of my recollection. I really liked that one. There was also an early Sony carousel player in my system around that time too, but I've pretty much blocked that one out.