Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Jtinns response to Recroom is certainly more gracious than Recrooms petty diatribe against EA deserves. Kudos to Jonathan for staying above the fray. Now THAT'S something to ponder.
All,
I would like to set the record straight on a few things.

Firstly, after re-reading my comments about Evolution Acoustics and Jonathan I have to admit that they were too harsh, very negative and accusatory beyond the line of professionalism. For this I apologize openly to Evolution Acoustics and Jonathan and to the readers. These comments don’t really represent my general view but were derived out of acute frustration over a couple of days at the time and after the speakers were shipped and the issues I noted were happening. All that frustration led to a very hasty and “explosive” email.

Secondly, I later realized that Jonathan had been out of town and unable to respond to emails exactly at this time, so what I understood as a lack of support was a misunderstanding and misinterpretation on my part. After he returned , Jonathan responded in force and was extremely understanding and supportive of the situation. His explanation of the details of what happened helped to ease my mind and resolved my concerns. I can understand this because I often travel and sometime go through days without being able to respond to important emails.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Jonathan and Evolution Acoustics are indeed a top notch outfit and readers should not take my particular situation too much too heart. What I didn’t say in my post was all of the good things Jonathan had done in terms of customer service. I had originally planned to buy the speakers close to one year or more ago. Throughout the wait period, Jonathan was always good to explain the status and what was leading to some of the delays. Throughout these conversations and emails I actually enjoyed talking to him and learned a few things about stereos, but especially some tips on great hard to find records, which were a little easier for me to find in Japan. I said all that to say that Jonathan is a cool guy and very good to talk to and was supportive through the process.

Having started a joint venture in China over the last two years I can certainly understand the potential for delays! You will be promised the world, but things get done “when they get done”. The delays on the speakers were understandable, and I hung on for the entire period waiting for them. It was worth the wait.

They are still breaking in, but I can say that these are truly special speakers. The fit and finish and manufacturing quality are exceptionally good. But the sound, is the real thing. You get A LOT of speaker for the money. They are extremely dynamic (macro/micro), very clear, transparent and open across the range. This adds up to very lifelike presentation. The bass is actually pretty good and surprising for the size. I expect this will further improve with break-in. The real amazing driver is the tweeter. This is an incredible unit that seems to cover a large range.

Also, for those worried whether or not these will sound good with inexpensive gear, you need not worry. I’m using a $1,200 integrated amp (Exposure 2012S2) and it sounds amazing. In fact I believe that these speakers will greatly elevate the quality of most inexpensive systems.

Anyway, I’ll report back after more break-i n. But I wanted to say thanks to Jonathan for his comments above, to retract my concerns about customer service, and to thank them for their support through the waiting period and for such an exceptional speaker. Even though the shipping was expensive, this was one of the most worthwhile investments I ever made. Trust me and the others, you will not be disappointed with the sound of these speakers.
Jdec: Sorry I missed your post. I think you are being a bit tough on me. I really do not spend much time watching the forums... there are so many. I usually get on when someone calls me and tells me that there is something that needs my response. I would suggest for the future to call me if you need answers.

As of right now the price has not changed. When the time comes to "officially" announce a price increase, I will certainly post it in this thread since you are requesting that I do so. I hope that clarifies things.

Jonathan Tinn
Evolution Acoustics

PS. Thank you Glory and Mes.
The price increase is not a false rumor.
It came from Jtinn to one of his customers.
Lets keep this thread about the MMMicroOne and not about trying to bash Jtinn and Evolution Acoustics. I have dealt with Jonathan many times and he has always been honest and you can get in contact with him. It may take a few times to get in touch with him but it is because he is busy and does have a life outside of work. Now back on subject........

I received the MMMicroOne's over a week ago. They were in two wooden crates,speakers in one and stands in the other. They are very well packed, with no chance of damage to any of the parts. They are more expensive to ship because of the crates but it is well worth the extra expense. The stands are well engineered and attach to the speakers easily. Don't expect much for the first few hours of break in. After about 25 hours they sounded good but it took around 100 hours of break in, to really appreciate just how exceptional these speakers are. They keep getting better and better as time goes by. They are as Aoliviero described above. I think Evolution Acoustics should be proud of the great engineering job that they did on the MMMicroOne. The speakers disappear and have a wide and deep soundstage. They are very coherent through the lows to mids to highs and have great micro and macro detail. I do not know how they get so much bass out of these small speakers.

Those that want a great speaker for the money, then I would put the MMMicroOne on the top of your list. They would be bargain at $5,000 and are a steal at $2,500. Those of us that took a chance on these speakers have been rewarded with a great speaker at a great price. Those that are worried about the price going up, should have got on board earlier. I do not see how they can produce a speaker of this quality and sound at this price point...but they did. It will be a bargain even if the price increases.