Convert MP3 file to WAV in Mac Mini

can some one show me how to convert mp3 file to wav or other format in Mac Mini?

Thanks
houstonreef
Musicman07, I appreciate your feedback. And I don’t dispute what you say. Indeed the more I learn the more I realize any improvements I am hearing is due to my imagination. And as I said earlier, my imagination has certainly led me astray in other matters.

But there is one thing I don’t understand. You said, others have said, that the software “fills in the blanks” When does this occur? Does the Apple Lossless converter expand the MP3 file as it encodes or decodes? Or is the expansion done later by different software?

And is the software that expands a lossy file that has not been encoded into lossless, the same software that expands a lossy file that has been encoded into lossless?

Let me say I’m not trying to advocate converting MP3s to “lossless”. I’m just asking others to help me along in my understanding. For me PC audio seems like black boxes nested inside black boxes. I open one black box just to find another. And I’m not certain I’ve gotten the first box open. Anyway, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
JPO
After reviewing my post and doing some more googleing and reading, I think I can refine my my questions.

Is the codec that decodes an MP3 file that has not been converted to Apple Lossless the same codec that decodes an MP3 file that has been converted to Apple Lossless?

JPO
Yes, this problem can easily be solved by using a video converter, like Zamzar (online) , Joyoshare Video Converter (offline video converter). If you only need to convert a few videos to FLV, you can use Zamzar. If you have batch videos, you are suggested to use the offline or desktop video converter, which supports to convert videos in batch with high speed.